Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

View Poll Results: Are you interest in real bronze version of Street Fighter 1:3?
Yes, I'm interested 8 24.24%
No, I'm not interested 25 75.76%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2017, 10:23 PM   #1
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Real Bronze Street Fighter 1:3

So I was thinking about doing some "fine art" statues at PCS. These would only be based on hand/traditional sculpted pieces. In particular, I'm thinking fully bronze (no faux here) fine art version of the 1:3 Street Fighter by Jerry Macaluso. These would be limited to 10-20 of each. Jerry would redo the bases in more of a fine art sculpture style as well as sculpting the clothes and adding more detail. Still need to research the prices as these would be huge and heavy in real bronze. I'm spit balling here, but probably $8k-$12k. Anyone interested?
red_ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:28 PM   #2
MrYac
Hercules

not for me, but just curious what the heck would something like that weigh?
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:40 PM   #3
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

Sideshow still has a few Boba and Jango Fetts from years ago. You've got to think in decades for sellout projections. The typical 1:3 and 1:1 bust buyer isn't going to bother with it.

Could you work out the numbers for small scale bronze like 1/8?

Anyways im not against the idea of big ticket items from a marketing perspective. Sideshow makes life size Star Wars stuff for rich casual types, not their core buyers.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:41 PM   #4
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
not for me, but just curious what the heck would something like that weigh?
Good question. But, ALOT. Here is example of some fine art. Value goes up like crazy.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Richard-Mac....c100009.m1982
Old 12-05-2017, 10:44 PM   #5
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snake View Post
Sideshow still has a few Boba and Jango Fetts from years ago. You've got to think in decades for sellout projections. The typical 1:3 and 1:1 bust buyer isn't going to bother with it.
Sideshow does them "made to order" and I don't believe they are made by famous artists and don't stand the test of time like Jerry's anatomy work. I could display a 1:3 bronze Akuma in the entrance of my house and people would admire him even without knowing SF.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:49 PM   #6
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ant View Post
Sideshow does them "made to order" and I don't believe they are made by famous artists and don't stand the test of time like Jerry's anatomy work. I could display a 1:3 bronze Akuma in the entrance of my house and people would admire him even without knowing SF.
I agree, it immortalizes Jerry's work. But I wish there was a way for mortals like me to have a 1/8 or thereabouts Akuma to have on my desk. That way it won't take anything away from the polystone 1:3
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:59 PM   #7
Atheris
The Maxx

I’m in for a Bronze MK piece, not a SF guy.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 11:08 PM   #8
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

As a vocal supporter of crazy ambitious pieces I will never own--P1's Wonder Woman on Horse, anyone?--and someone with a lot of PO invested in SF pieces I will (hopefully) soon own, I don't think SF is the property to attempt this with unless Capcom uncharacteristically relaxes its creative mandates for this potential legacy project. You'll likely end up immortalizing* a temporary, possibly even compromised or generally unpopular version of whichever character depending on the current game aesthetic. The Ultimate model with Akuma and the upcoming Guile are the best tributes to PCS's history with the franchise IMO, and I'm more an Ultra/1:3 collector.

*though if DC's bronze Jim Lee Batman is any indication, it won't do much beyond making for a fun Instagram post of the artist trying to lift it.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:58 AM   #9
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Thank you everyone for the feedback. I think I have the answer.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:16 PM   #10
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Frankly I do not see your market too much on these forums, so your results will be skewed based on here. I am sure there are some that can / would take the dive on such a piece...but most I think not.

Not saying it is a bad idea, I just think results of your question are going to be pretty obvious here.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote