Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-11-2019, 08:30 PM   #1221
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDO View Post
Funny that the fabric cape version has a waitlist full on Sideshow but the sculpted cape does not. Is the fabric cape more popular with collectors? They are making twice as much of those and it seems to be going twice as fast.
Possibly, but it can also mean that it was released first and people saw all the In-Hand Pics and the Fabric Cape wasn't as bad as some may have initially thought so they went ahead and ordered it. I was one of the people that couldn't decide on which version I liked more, I was literally at a 50/50 stand still until I decided on the Sculpted Cape (for reasons I've already mentioned here before). It definitely would've been easy for me to select the Fabric Cape version as well because I believe they both look equally Epic! I don't think there's a 'wrong choice' for this statue.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:30 PM   #1222
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I don't think it's really a 1:1 comparison; the fabric version shipped a little while back now and the sculpted version is only now starting to ship to a limited # of people overseas. So the fabric version has kind of gone through it's inventory/allotment on the sites so it's easier for them to know how many more pieces are going to be available in the future, if any. Whereas the sculpted version has yet to go through its initial shipment phase which also includes cancellations, people converting from the waitlist, etc.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:58 PM   #1223
M United
The Spirit

Strange how the sculpted cape was released first for pre order but the fabric was shipped before it.
M United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:34 AM   #1224
aoh2
Fantastic Four

Just received my Prime 1 Superman hush fabric edition today from Prime 1 direct.

Everything looks good, except i had one major issue. The superman's leg peg does not fit tightly into the rotating pedestal base (see picture)- and I have this feeling it may fall out, certainly not right.

Tried many times to push the peg into the rotating pedastal.

So i'm hoping prime 1 gets back to me for a replacement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a64381527_390577438467380_9178276422140035072_n.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	123996  
aoh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:40 AM   #1225
ENDO
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoh2 View Post
Just received my Prime 1 Superman hush fabric edition today from Prime 1 direct.

Everything looks good, except i had one major issue. The superman's leg peg does not fit tightly into the rotating pedestal base (see picture)- and I have this feeling it may fall out, certainly not right.

The peg can't be grinded down a little? The peg is not made of indestructible material I am sure.
ENDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:03 AM   #1226
aoh2
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDO View Post
The peg can't be grinded down a little? The peg is not made of indestructible material I am sure.
Thanks for you concern, Endo

Either the peg needs grinding, or the rotating hole needs to be drilled a bit more. I'll wait for Prime 1 response first.
aoh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:47 PM   #1227
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Thanks for you concern, Endo

Either the peg needs grinding, or the rotating hole needs to be drilled a bit more. I'll wait for Prime 1 response first.
I would take the statue back out of the spinner & run a wire or something down in there & make sure there are no obstructions.
It looks like the metal peg is not making it all the way down the hole....not even close. That foot should sit flush.
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:20 AM   #1228
ENDO
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnis View Post
I would take the statue back out of the spinner & run a wire or something down in there & make sure there are no obstructions.
It looks like the metal peg is not making it all the way down the hole....not even close. That foot should sit flush.
He rather complain than first check for a possible easy fix.
ENDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:23 AM   #1229
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I would try to clear out the hole, do minor filing, try lube, etc before contacting P1. They'll probably just do the same thing.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:00 PM   #1230
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:

Yeah that looks like Statue Suicide
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote