Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-25-2018, 02:10 PM   #11
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Maybe H.M.O. could adopt the same concept as XM Studios and their MTO pre order concept.
That would be ideal.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:10 PM   #12
dao2
Cyclops

sounds like they kind of are, 3000 max gulli statues might as well be unlimited mto ;p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
Someone from HMO used to post here, but I haven't seen them around recently.

I've been waiting for their next Beastly Beauties announcement, but I'm starting to feel like the line was put on the backburner or discontinued... A statement from them regarding it would be nice.
thirdhandmaker is from hmo i believe, still posts here
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:55 PM   #13
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Anyone here got their Nariko statue? I'm curious to see how that turned out and what fellow collectors think about that piece.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 04:06 PM   #14
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
Anyone here got their Nariko statue? I'm curious to see how that turned out and what fellow collectors think about that piece.
I thought about picking up Nariko, and passed time and time again. Looking on the H.M.O. website shows it has finally sold out. It was available for ages.

Based on various reviews, I got the impression Nariko is a good statue, although the likeness (portrait) to the game character was off, mostly because of the paint app. One collector (on this forum) has gone to efforts to repaint the portrait with excellent results (see link below) - although i think is still room for improvement

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...Nariko&page=28
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 05:24 PM   #15
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

It'd be great if we could get an HMO rep to post in here that could answer basic questions, because I'm worried about their company being so female-centric without really having any good examples of what various HMO made male statues would look like.

And I'm especially worried that The Darkstalkers line is just gonna be full of female releases with maybe one male character before HMO drops it and fans are just left with an odd mix of characters that don't display well together as an incomplete roster/set. Like, I'm not a Felicia fan, and I can totally see a Hsien-Ko or a Lilith coming before we get Dimitri IF someone else isn't made before him even (I can totally see a Talbain or an Anakaris being made first).
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 11:21 PM   #16
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Thanks ukshaun, the repainted Nariko portrait did indeed looked great.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 03:31 AM   #17
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
It'd be great if we could get an HMO rep to post in here that could answer basic questions, because I'm worried about their company being so female-centric without really having any good examples of what various HMO made male statues would look like.

And I'm especially worried that The Darkstalkers line is just gonna be full of female releases with maybe one male character before HMO drops it and fans are just left with an odd mix of characters that don't display well together as an incomplete roster/set. Like, I'm not a Felicia fan, and I can totally see a Hsien-Ko or a Lilith coming before we get Dimitri IF someone else isn't made before him even (I can totally see a Talbain or an Anakaris being made first).
Given the success of Darkstalkers - Morrigan, it would have made sense for H.M.O. to aim to release 1 or 2 Darkstalkers characters per year.
Old 06-24-2023, 02:57 PM   #18
ukshaun
Hercules

I have not heard any news from H.M.O. ?
Their website is still up. Most of their statue are Sold Out
I wonder what the future holds for H.M.O. ?

Bounties of Bathos.. is that line still alive?
..so many questions
Old 06-25-2023, 12:59 AM   #19
dao2
Cyclops

I'm sure HMO is working on something, I don't think there will be anymore bathos though.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 01:13 AM   #20
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I wish they would do a Chun Li, but sadly they aren't.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote