Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 10-07-2020, 08:36 AM   #31
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Did anyone else pick this one up? Really easy and simple to put together, unlike 1/4s and 1/3s. The package weighs less than 3 pounds. I can see why people like these smaller scales. My base kind of wobbles though. Very small point of contact.
I PO'd through BBTS. They seem to get their stuff later than everyone else. Probably have it in a week or two.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:15 AM   #32
kfyellow
Doh!

I ordered from Sideshow, the portrait looks nothing like the pictures in the adverts. Any recourse?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Koto_SW_1.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	134790  
kfyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:16 AM   #33
pdenham
Teen Titans

Not as lushly painted as the prototype, but still looks close to my eyes.

I'd be satisfied if I received something looking like that. My only real complaint with this remains that the whole thing, like much of the Koto product I see, has the appearance/sheen of cheap plastic.
At $50 that's less of an issue. At almost $200, that's a ways outside my value zone.

With SS, if you aren't happy you can always return it- though I doubt there are going to be other copies of it out there that are appreciably better.

Your other recourse would be to have the portrait professionally painted- though that would likely cost more than you paid for the statue itself.

Other than all that- this is still the only Scarlet Witch I've seen that I'd love to have....just not at that price.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 09:40 AM   #34
dechirico7
The Flash

That is the one aspect holding me back. I dont like the plasticy look of the headpiece, cape and powers. They would have looked way better painted like her suit with the opalescent red.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 08:51 PM   #35
Toefur
Frackin!

Did anyone get one through Deepdiscount? I had it pre-ordered and they just cancelled on me. I see that it's still listed as special order on their site though. Love them for Blu-rays, but I think this is the fourth Koto statue that's been cancelled by them.
Toefur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 08:52 PM   #36
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toefur View Post
Did anyone get one through Deepdiscount? I had it pre-ordered and they just cancelled on me. I see that it's still listed as special order on their site though. Love them for Blu-rays, but I think this is the fourth Koto statue that's been cancelled by them.
I don't think you can trust DeepDiscount for anything that isn't In-Stock currently when you order it.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 06:06 PM   #37
Toefur
Frackin!

I had to order one off eBay since DeepDiscount canceled my order. I have the whole line so far, and I'd say she and Black Widow are the two disappointments so far. Which is weird considering it's the same company that makes the really nice Bishoujo statues. It's one of the more expensive Artfx Premier statues. She doesn't even have any light up features like Dr. Strange and Ghost Rider or other gimmick. She doesn't really have any crazy paint apps, in fact I'd say she's the most plasticy looking one of all of them. The base is nice but mine wobbles a bit. Don't get me wrong, she still looks nice and I'm glad to have her in my collection, but she's definitely over priced compared to the other Artfx Premiers.

I'm surprised this one sold out every where so quickly. There's no edition size so I guess maybe they just didn't make very many of them?
Old 02-20-2021, 07:13 PM   #38
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toefur View Post
I had to order one off eBay since DeepDiscount canceled my order. I have the whole line so far, and I'd say she and Black Widow are the two disappointments so far. Which is weird considering it's the same company that makes the really nice Bishoujo statues. It's one of the more expensive Artfx Premier statues. She doesn't even have any light up features like Dr. Strange and Ghost Rider or other gimmick. She doesn't really have any crazy paint apps, in fact I'd say she's the most plasticy looking one of all of them. The base is nice but mine wobbles a bit. Don't get me wrong, she still looks nice and I'm glad to have her in my collection, but she's definitely over priced compared to the other Artfx Premiers.

I'm surprised this one sold out every where so quickly. There's no edition size so I guess maybe they just didn't make very many of them?
I thought Artfx premier were numbered. That was part of the sales pitch when the line was announced.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 07:47 PM   #39
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

My Scarlet Witch was numbered. 0139/2000.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 07:11 AM   #40
Toefur
Frackin!

Ohh I didn't see it on the bottom of the base, the number was inside that locket thingy. Oddly though mine says 0000/2000. That doesn't seem right.

Edit: I checked a couple Youtube reviews and it appears that 0000 is the number given to review copies. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.