Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-30-2013, 05:50 PM   #1501
federico
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezi View Post
Here a shot of my new Babydoll and Psylocke PFs. Together they looks great! Two hotties!
is your psylocke safe?
federico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:23 AM   #1502
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Congrats! I think the reason they aren't doing replacements is for areas where you don't see them when displayed but the item is not classified as mint anymore in my eyes! And as collectors we shouldn't open new collectible to find out on day one its not even mint! That is complete rubbish especially when spending this kind of money!! If it was $10-20 toy I wouldn't be this flamed! But this figures are now on average! $300-500 / figure!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post
Totally agree. I still think the recent price increases are way, way more than an increase in manufacturing costs.
But yet you buy? We've been seeing loads of posts lately about how Sideshow is overpricing their pieces and spitting in their customers faces by not replacing or refunding properly, but there isn't a collectors soul here that says; "the hell with 'm". And that makes SS not give a damn about these hollow comments.

Even paying for your own return costs is ridiculous. In The Netherlands we get to send back broken or damaged items for free to 90% of the stores. Collectors outside of the US are srewed as soon as a piece shows up damaged. Sending it back will cost so much it's hardly worth it. But still peeps order. So again, why should Sideshow care?

Ask yourselfs, why should Sideshow care? If you're going to order anyway? Or settle for a lousy $20 refund and end up with a broken piece you won't enjoy knowing it's damaged? They... don't... care... Simply because, if you don't buy it, others will. The market has grown too big and too easily satisfied.

A business will only adjust their behaviour if money is being lost instead of made. Why change a money making strategy? Who cares if people complain, but still throw their money at you? It's like going to the same restaurant every week, knowing you'll get skimmed on the appetizers, you don't like the main course and never get your free mints at the end of the dinner. As long as you keep spending money on low quality service, nothing will change.
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:23 AM   #1503
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
But yet you buy? We've been seeing loads of posts lately about how Sideshow is overpricing their pieces and spitting in their customers faces by not replacing or refunding properly, but there isn't a collectors soul here that says; "the hell with 'm". And that makes SS not give a damn about these hollow comments.

Even paying for your own return costs is ridiculous. In The Netherlands we get to send back broken or damaged items for free to 90% of the stores. Collectors outside of the US are srewed as soon as a piece shows up damaged. Sending it back will cost so much it's hardly worth it. But still peeps order. So again, why should Sideshow care?

Ask yourselfs, why should Sideshow care? If you're going to order anyway? Or settle for a lousy $20 refund and end up with a broken piece you won't enjoy knowing it's damaged? They... don't... care... Simply because, if you don't buy it, others will. The market has grown too big and too easily satisfied.

A business will only adjust their behaviour if money is being lost instead of made. Why change a money making strategy? Who cares if people complain, but still throw their money at you? It's like going to the same restaurant every week, knowing you'll get skimmed on the appetizers, you don't like the main course and never get your free mints at the end of the dinner. As long as you keep spending money on low quality service, nothing will change.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:34 PM   #1504
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

Any places selling this piece beside ebay??
Drahmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:00 PM   #1505
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drahmin View Post
Any places selling this piece beside ebay??
Pm me man, I am selling around retail price , the exclusive
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 03:34 PM   #1506
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Such a lovely statue... Got mine the other day. EX. Wonder how the GG line is so popular and several times RRP when this piece struggles to sell at retail, even for EX.
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 03:36 PM   #1507
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I would never had bought babydoll if I had known the line was finished after her. Very disappointing.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:03 PM   #1508
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I would never had bought babydoll if I had known the line was finished after her. Very disappointing.
Interesting... So that's why its so unpopular? Because there are a set of others and so completionists effectively get denied owning the set?

Never thought of it that way. Explains a lot, I suppose. I was always puzzled as to why this wasn't a smash hit.

Thanks VS
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:04 PM   #1509
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

I blame it 80% on the pose and 20% on the lazy eyes
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 04:20 PM   #1510
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstgamerever View Post
Wonder how the GG line is so popular and several times RRP when this piece struggles to sell at retail, even for EX.
It's because Sideshow isn't always the best at what they do. There's a reason why GG's is more popular....and it isn't because they completed the entire line.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote