Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-24-2018, 11:49 AM   #1
Shoo
The Enchantress

Oniri Créations: DC Comics - Superman: For Tomorrow 1:6

Short video on Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniri Créations
Les Superhéros DC Comics arrivent Ã- l’échelle 1/6 en 2019 chez Oniri Créations !

Depuis toujours, nous accordons énormément d'importance au choix de nos licences. Afin de vous satisfaire évidemment, mais aussi de travailler sur des personnages et des univers qui nous font vibrer.
C'est avec une réelle joie et fierté que nous partageons ce moment avec vous aujourd'hui ! Pour les passionnés que nous sommes, cette licence prestigieuse marque un bond en avant pour nous et c'est bien sûr grâce Ã- votre incroyable soutien.
Mais en plus de personnages forts, cette licence concerne également un très grand monsieur du monde des comics. Un artiste dont le style nous a toujours inspiré et que nous voulions absolument retranscrire en statues. Mais nous allons laisser planer le mystère encore un peu...

Les projets sont déjÃ- en cours et nous avons réellement hâte de les partager avec vous.
En attendant, nous vous laissons la lourde tâche de deviner par quel personnage nous allons commencer...

Joyeuses fêtes de fin d’année Ã- toutes et Ã- tous!

-------------------------------------------------------------

DC Comics superheroes in 1/6th are coming from Oniri Créations!

We've always put a great care in choosing the licences we work on not only to satisfy our customers but also to focus on characters we truly love.
We're extremely happy and proud to be sharing this announcement with all of you.
This is a true milestone for Oniri and it wouldn't have been possible without your amazing support.
But this licence doesn't just deal with superheroes. It's also about a very important man in the comic book industry and an artist whose work has always inspired us. We will let you speculate as to whom that might be...

We are already working on the projects and very much looking forward to sharing them with you! For the meantime, we will leave you with the heavy burden of guessing what character we will start with...

Happy holidays to all!
Web site
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:25 PM   #2
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Wow this is exciting, their 1:6 Berserk & Full metal dioramas were some of the best statues I saw this year, XM has some competition.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:44 PM   #3
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

WTF!

How is this possible? They say they ship worldwide and if that also applies to the DC license then that's three companies producing 1/6 scale statues at the same time.

Any ideas on who the artist is that's inspiring the line? If it's Jose Garcia Lopez then game over! I imagine it'll probably be Perez though because he's far more recognized.

As for the character that start with first it'll be Batman.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:50 PM   #4
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

I wish more companies were getting the Marvel 1:6 license, Bowens departure left a huge hole in the market that no one has fully stepped up and taken advantage of yet. XM's extreme action pose 1:6 Marvel line is not really my cup of tea from what I've seen so far.
Old 12-24-2018, 02:00 PM   #5
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
WTF!

How is this possible? They say they ship worldwide and if that also applies to the DC license then that's three companies producing 1/6 scale statues at the same time.
DC's been carving out different niches for each 1/6-scale license. They make movie statues in-house and reserve the right to make whatever they want for the Designer Series. Tweeterhead can use pre-1990 costumes. XM has post-1990 costumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
I wish more companies were getting the Marvel 1:6 license, Bowens departure left a huge hole in the market that no one has fully stepped up and taken advantage of yet. XM's extreme action pose 1:6 Marvel line is not really my cup of tea from what I've seen so far.
Bowen's statues weren't 1/6, though.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 04:33 PM   #6
Master Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
DC's been carving out different niches for each 1/6-scale license. They make movie statues in-house and reserve the right to make whatever they want for the Designer Series. Tweeterhead can use pre-1990 costumes. XM has post-1990 costumes.
That doesn't really explain how this license fits. Guess we'll find out.

Also back to the guessing game. Neal Adams makes more sense if my guess is correct about Batman being the first character they do.
Old 12-24-2018, 04:40 PM   #7
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
That doesn't really explain how this license fits. Guess we'll find out.

Also back to the guessing game. Neal Adams makes more sense if my guess is correct about Batman being the first character they do.
Watch it be Jim Lee.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 05:29 PM   #8
Master Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Watch it be Jim Lee.
Crap.
He actually fits seeing how this is yet another company that does anime statues like P1 and Koto. I wonder if this is part of Lee's compensation from DC. He gets some kind of creative royalty anytime a statue is based on his art, maybe?
Old 09-21-2019, 03:32 PM   #9
Master Pizza

Still nothing.
I can't believe they didn't even have a reveal for Batman day.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:30 AM   #10
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

They posted this on twitter about the DC line - 'Before end of the year, stay tuned!'