Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 10-03-2020, 07:02 PM   #21
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb24 View Post
I wish he was standing with his helmet on. We already have the Iron Studios but I'm not feeling that one.
While I agree with you and generally prefer standing poses, I really like how this is very scene specific and was a great scene at that. I'm sure there will be more Thanos to come in the future from other companies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipkicker View Post
In the first pic, the sign says polystone.
ah, thanks
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 01:30 AM   #22
YoungStarDC
Frackin!

Absolutely love it! QS is killing it!

I am sticking with my Iron Studios Thanos order though. I like the presence of that piece more because it's standing (and all Avengers from the Endgame IS line are as well).

Otherwise, this would've been a pre-order for sure.
YoungStarDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 06:21 AM   #23
Shoo
The Enchantress

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 08:06 AM   #24
Uzair
Doh!

Love the concept of the Thanos Endgame seated statue (that scene is my favorite from the movie, very powerful pose) but the Thanos figure definitely has its dimensions off. If you compare the figure with the scene in the movie his body is much broader overall, with larger shoulders, arms, torso, and much beefier arms and legs. In this Queen Studios statue he seems much skinnier in comparison.

For reference here is a still from the movie on which the statue is based:

I hope this is only a prototype and the production version will have correct dimensions, otherwise this will be a disappointing fail of what could have been an awesome release and must-have for Endgame fans such as myself.
Uzair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:13 AM   #25
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I'm digging it. I held off on all the other "movie" Thanos pieces. Would love to know the dimensions though.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 10:49 AM   #26
Shoo
The Enchantress

Pics by Tang Bros:

Old 10-04-2020, 11:21 AM   #27
Uzair
Doh!

Yep - these closeups definitively prove the body is significantly undersized in comparison to movie Thanos. The figure in this statue looks decidedly weak and anemic when comparing with Thanos in the exact same pose in the movie.

I can see the note tacked on to the plaque stating "not final, pending licensor approval". I reaaally hope that whoever is in charge at Marvel does not accept the prototype statue in this current version. Again the movie scene for reference:

The body width and overall mass needs to be at least 30% larger I think to match movie Thanos. With correct dimensions, details, and colors, the statue would be a must-have for me. With glaring inaccuracies, a must-avoid (with massive regret and disappointment).

The armor colors are also way off. In the movie the color is a pale bronze, not leaning to yellow as in this prototype. The funny thing is Queen Studios' recent Thanos bust (https://queenstudios.shop/collection...os-thanos-bust) has the correct armor color:

I hope therefore that these rather big mistakes are corrected for the final version. The color should be a relatively easy fix, but for the dimensions I fear Queen may not do a do-over on the sculpt. Let's see how this plays out.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:34 AM   #28
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Don’t know about shoulders size, bout you shouldnt based your opinion on color with pics from show like that.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 11:43 AM   #29
Uzair
Doh!

Here's a side by side comparison I've quickly cooked up in Visio, using the head as a baseline, the distance from the brow to the jaw to be precise. The heads therefore at the same size, and it is immediately obvious how ridiculously smaller the Queen Studio statue (prototype) is:

The hands also are a dead giveaway, on the statue they look oversized compared to the arms and the rest of the body. And it is not a simple matter of shrinking the head and hand size to correct the statue, since in the overall proportions the shoulder area and torso need to be much wider and thicker, and the limbs need to be longer and beefier. The armor around the shoulders is also significantly different with the pauldrons overhanging too much.

This scene is my favorite from Endgame - I always like contemplative poses better than those built around frantic action. It would be a pity if this is finally done in quarter scale polystone but with such massive inaccuracies as to render the collectable of no value since it is supposed to represent movie Thanos and would fail miserably at doing so.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:46 AM   #30
Shoo
The Enchantress