Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 08-05-2012, 05:20 AM   #441
Ladylusiphur
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Is it me or is there something odd about the scale or proportions of that Sideshow one? When I was looking a the picture full length on my phone she looked about 4 ft tall. And where are her hips?? Maybe they just got bored once they got past the boobs and gave her the hips of a 14 year old boy and moonboots.

Personally I think both of these versions are ok, but frankly both are surpassed by the class of the Hughes Cover Girl. They got it right with that one, they should just scale it up to 1/4 scale, add a few more details and not worry about fabric costumes. People may complain about the DCD MQ not being in a dynamic pose, but SS just made an almost carbon copy of the Cover Girl in reverse. Can't they show us something new? I'd take the come hither pose over something I've already got.
To say SS work so well in 1/4 scale I'm really disappointed in this 1/2 scale effort. Even the face looks not that far of a mannequin. Hopefully their PF will be a massive improvement.
Ladylusiphur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #442
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladylusiphur View Post
Is it me or is there something odd about the scale or proportions of that Sideshow one? When I was looking a the picture full length on my phone she looked about 4 ft tall. And where are her hips?? Maybe they just got bored once they got past the boobs and gave her the hips of a 14 year old boy and moonboots.

Personally I think both of these versions are ok, but frankly both are surpassed by the class of the Hughes Cover Girl. They got it right with that one, they should just scale it up to 1/4 scale, add a few more details and not worry about fabric costumes. People may complain about the DCD MQ not being in a dynamic pose, but SS just made an almost carbon copy of the Cover Girl in reverse. Can't they show us something new? I'd take the come hither pose over something I've already got.
To say SS work so well in 1/4 scale I'm really disappointed in this 1/2 scale effort. Even the face looks not that far of a mannequin. Hopefully their PF will be a massive improvement.
That is how Hughes illustrates his women, small hips and butts. The only issue I have with the SS version are her huge boots, they make her look short. I know this is also a Hughes style and it works in his art but in 3D form it looks silly. Not sure why SS did an LSF, most collectors want a PF, but maybe that is what DC requested for them to do. Since DC already has their 1/4 scale Catwoman out.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #443
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix View Post
Do you have the Black Cat PF from SSC? I remember I saw a Black Cat PF in New York couple years ago and her tailoring was incredible and superior to this Catwoman MQ.
I owned the Catwoman museum, and I still own the Black Cat, and I would say you are very correct. While the Catwoman museum isn't a bad statue, the tailoring is nothing compared to Black Cat.

Black Cat's costume is nice thick material, with some shine to it and it's pretty much skin tight, the way it's supposed to be.

Catwoman's costume feels like fairly cheap vinyl and while it's not loose, it's not skin tight either. It bags in some strange places.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #444
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I owned the Catwoman museum, and I still own the Black Cat, and I would say you are very correct. While the Catwoman museum isn't a bad statue, the tailoring is nothing compared to Black Cat.

Black Cat's costume is nice thick material, with some shine to it and it's pretty much skin tight, the way it's supposed to be.

Catwoman's costume feels like fairly cheap vinyl and while it's not loose, it's not skin tight either. It bags in some strange places.
My LCS still has the Catwoman MQ sitting around. It has been there for like a year and they are asking $400 for it before taxes.. And you are right about the loose areas on the costume. They look very bad on her upper body but not as bad for her lower torso. However, her pants are not skin tight like they should be.. There are a few loose bags here and there.
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #445
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix View Post
My LCS still has the Catwoman MQ sitting around. It has been there for like a year and they are asking $400 for it before taxes.. And you are right about the loose areas on the costume. They look very bad on her upper body but not as bad for her lower torso. However, her pants are not skin tight like they should be.. There are a few loose bags here and there.
They're never going to sell it for $400, never. I sold mine less than 6 months after getting her, and she only sold for $222.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #446
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
They're never going to sell it for $400, never. I sold mine less than 6 months after getting her, and she only sold for $222.
Yeah totally agree with ya! But that LCS is located in downtown and they overcharge everything there to squeeze the profits out. They are going to have to hope for a clueless big fish to bite on that $400 Catwoman.
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #447
StevenKyle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Smile

The SS one coming up looks beautiful! I do like how AH! interprets her a lot.

I like the DC PF, I'd just get rid of the baggy material and sculpt it on. The bust from DC is awful but hopefully SS will bring one out, like they did with Black Cat. It's a shame Marvels Black Cat is just a poor imitation of DC's Catwoman

I'd love to see some bigger pieces of Jim Balents Catwoman, or even the earlier costume with the cape and dress. Better still, give me a Pfeiffer version & another & another LOL.
StevenKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 01:06 AM   #448
Gothamite
Phoenix

Just curious if anyone has a pic of this statue next to any of the Sideshow Catwoman PFs?
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:13 AM   #449
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

It's a bad statue...the Batman is even worst...Superman is just blah. Only decent statue was Green Lantern and WW. It is not worthy to be displayed next to ssc statues.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote