Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 05-11-2017, 05:05 PM   #21
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
If sha-ryn had boobs, that would have meant that they would have been able to deliver the statue as they sold it and would not have told me that they would give me a refund and then turn around and change the refund to store credit. So yes, I would have posted a much different review because the situation would have been much different.

Like for instance, if he would have been able to produce Frazetta statues in a timely manner people would have paid for them and they wouldn't be filling his basement.

Every one of those boxes that you see in that video is a testament to the poor way that Arahom has treated his customers. Every one is a story, includingbthe one with my sha-ryn in it.

So let me ask a similar question... if it wasn't raining outside, would you still take an umbrella? Seems to me the rain sort of causes you to pick up the umbrella...
You are the one that stood there in the rain stating no umbrellas were necessary....

For all of ARH's faults, - and there are many - long production delays are a large part of this hobby. 'Add 6+ month to any stated release' is a common joke.
But you don't care about those other Frazetta pieces or any of those other production issues. You would regularly dismiss anything of the type. Remember when you actually posted that Arahom couldn't be expected to spend time on the Achilles EX head because he had more important things to do?
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:44 PM   #22
IXEC
Hellboy

I saw the video on FB and called Spencer....paid-off both my NYCC Medusa and Leonidas EX, and updated my shipping addy....they gave me tracking numbers and I'll let the forum know when they arrive....also got back on track with my payment schedules for Valkyrie EX and Special Ares....hoping they do Cleopatra soon.
IXEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:06 PM   #23
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXEC View Post
I saw the video on FB and called Spencer....paid-off both my NYCC Medusa and Leonidas EX, and updated my shipping addy....they gave me tracking numbers and I'll let the forum know when they arrive....also got back on track with my payment schedules for Valkyrie EX and Special Ares....hoping they do Cleopatra soon.
Godspeed.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:33 PM   #24
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I have seen quite a few people say now that they have seen some or all of the Frazetta pieces they really want them. I wonder if someone with legal knowledge or experience in taking deposits on something and not getting paid can answer a couple of questions.

Since the Frazetta and a couple of other statues weren't received or delivered for 2 years a lot of people evidently either paid just the deposit or deposit and part of the rest and then stopped I was wondering how they could potentially deal with the following situations

1. Let's say a customer paid deposit or deposit+ but doesn't respond to emails. At what point can ARH sell the statue to someone else?
1.a) if they aren't responding how would he return the deposit if the statue was sold to someone else? Check on paypal address given to see if it is active?

2. One reason responses may not be coming from customers is a lot of people over the course of two years have switched or rarely use old email address anymore. Could ARH be in any legal trouble if they sell it and then later the customer figures it out and calls and demands a statue?

According to the video by ARH records all fully paid statues have shipped and they are asking anyone still waiting who shows otherwise or if they paid part and want to pay the rest and have it shipped should call them. There are a LOT of statues there. If they can sell those I think most of their cash flow problems would be solved or greatly alleviated. All of the expenses (sculpting, production, shipping to and from China) have already been paid.
I'll tell you what I think has happened... I'm betting a lot of people put down money, made a payment or two, then when the delays started happening they stopped. They probably wanted a refund which was denied and eventually over time just wrote it off. Now they are in a legal contract to buy a statue with no end date to make a final payment or clause to terminate the agreement if they stop paying... so ARH is in limbo. On top of this, I'm sure a lot of the people have new emails, new phones and such and now ARH has no way to contact them. So they are stuck.

I'm sure if a person agreed to cancel their order and accept a refund of the money paid then ARH could sell the statue again.

The next issue they have is probably on PayPal claims. If the PayPal dispute is still open, they can't move the statue along.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:36 PM   #25
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
That's awesome. Arahom should have the money to refund me for my statues now. Fingers crossed!!!
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:01 PM   #26
IXEC
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
That's awesome. Arahom should have the money to refund me for my statues now. Fingers crossed!!!
I only had to make 3 payments too settle up.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:22 PM   #27
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Is this post real?
Had you forgotten about the statues before seeing the video, or thought you'd paid in full ?
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:54 PM   #28
IXEC
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
Is this post real?
Had you forgotten about the statues before seeing the video, or thought you'd paid in full ?
Well it's a long story.....with fault on both sides and I let it hang on to long, my fault....I'll post the tracking numbers here after I take delivery and explain more.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:01 PM   #29
dechirico7
The Flash

ARH blaming his customers....nothing new there.
Maybe if they would have had communication with customers and notices about shipments, they wouldn't have to deal with cancelations. Plus, there is a really simple fix to the problem....PUT THEM UP FOR SALE. Duh!!!!
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 11:10 PM   #30
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
ARH blaming his customers....nothing new there.
Maybe if they would have had communication with customers and notices about shipments, they wouldn't have to deal with cancelations. Plus, there is a really simple fix to the problem....PUT THEM UP FOR SALE. Duh!!!!
If he sold those statues he could be looking at a class action suit unless he refunded the deposits to those who PO'd which he can't as ARH has apparently lost/or no longer has record of those who've payed. He basically checkmated himself.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote