Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 03-19-2021, 12:24 PM   #501
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I like the detail on the XM pieces but a lot have been too dynamic for me. The only one I've ordered so far is Red Hood and I'm pretty apprehensive about how short that piece will be. 13 inches to the top of the gun? same with Reverse Flash. All the Batman ones are so crunched down it's ridiculous. And for nearly twice the cost.

I like the way TH has everyone fully upright (more or less), the new detail makes it even better. I'll pick up any character I really like, and probably a few I wasn't expecting like John Stewart.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 06:18 PM   #502
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by alshadow View Post
This is miles better than the previous sculpt! Tweeterhead 2.0 is really killin' it. The 2.0 statues seem to be more detailed which is a big plus. Though I wish they all wouldn't be so tall (at 20" plus), as a 1/6 collector it's gonna be hard to display them in regular shelves. It's a minor complaint I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I agree that this is a fantastic piece but I also wish that the 2.0 statues were not so tall. Now I know we have not see alot of them so hopefully some will all not be that height.
I definitely don't mind the variation in height but I also hope this is close to the maximum we'll see. Given the height of this, and that Darkseid stands similarly tall, I think the 21/22" mark would make a decent ceiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Some will be tall and some will be short, most of the bases won't be wide though.
Or deep, I hope. That's probably the bigger thing for me. The SP line kept the overall depth of the statues fairly compact - fingers crossed that continues for the most part.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 06:17 AM   #503
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Love the new approach TH has. I was not expecting Black Adam to look as good as he does. That was a very nice surprise. He looks way better than the XM version IMO and it will be way cheaper. I'll be expecting that same level when they do Deathstroke. I'll buy direct from TH as well in the future like I did with Muddy DK and Supes 2.0, hopefully doing that create a better chance of Gotham by Gaslight Bats to come back around.
I agree that this Black Adam looks better than the original one that was teased. I don't mind the more detailed look in the 2.0 line so long as the costumes remain classic. No extra zippers, pouches, or straps please. If they start to sideshowify any costumes, I'm out.

I'm also keeping a close eye out for Deathstroke. A detailed statue of him would be terrific so long as he's in his classic Perez costume. That'll also be a direct purchase from Tweeter for me so long as it looks good. It's easily my most anticipated piece from Tweeter.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 12:40 PM   #504
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I agree that this Black Adam looks better than the original one that was teased. I don't mind the more detailed look in the 2.0 line so long as the costumes remain classic. No extra zippers, pouches, or straps please. If they start to sideshowify any costumes, I'm out.

I'm also keeping a close eye out for Deathstroke. A detailed statue of him would be terrific so long as he's in his classic Perez costume. That'll also be a direct purchase from Tweeter for me so long as it looks good. It's easily my most anticipated piece from Tweeter.
Just you wait. There are several characters coming up where I was like whoa.... concept and execution just slayz! I expect to hear a lot of...XXXXX wasn't on my radar but damn now it is!!!
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 01:54 PM   #505
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Just you wait. There are several characters coming up where I was like whoa.... concept and execution just slayz! I expect to hear a lot of...XXXXX wasn't on my radar but damn now it is!!!
Mister Miracle, Star Sapphire, Kord Blue Beetle, and Azrael, let's do it.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 02:48 PM   #506
king_marvel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Mister Miracle, Star Sapphire, Kord Blue Beetle, and Azrael, let's do it.
I'd love to see a Mister Miracle and a Kord Blue Beetle. I'm still holding out hope for a classic Firestorm.
king_marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 04:51 AM   #507
BurningRage
Inhumans

BurningRage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:40 AM   #508
George Clark
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
WOW!!!! Great pic - thanks for sharing! Can't wait for the full reveal!
George Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 11:43 AM   #509
AC_808
Hercules

Freakin A ....That looks amazing!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 12:22 PM   #510
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
I'm certainly looking forward to any new releases by Tweeter, but I promise you, none more than a Perez Deathstroke. That's my next purchase if it looks good.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote