Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 06-13-2023, 09:00 PM   #1
Das Brutah
The Avengers

Tweeterhead - What is 1/6 Scale?

Question For Tweeterhead - Is this new 2.0 1/6 scale expected to match the size/scale of earlier 1/6 statue releases? They are both 1/6 scale.

As a collector understanding what 1/6 scale means with specific regard to the size and scale of the depicted characters themselves is paramount.

I would have purchased The Flash statue, but the size of his body as compared to earlier 1/6 Tweeterhead statues made this a non-purchase for me. With that said, the SuperPowers Batman character size/scale matches well with the new 2.0 Superman statue.

Collectors take this hobby very seriously, with collecting sets of characters being an essential focus. Having a clear understanding on what 1/6 scale means and what to expect shouldn?t be an open question.

Thanks
Das Brutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 09:42 PM   #2
Buttmunch
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The Joker does seem closer to 1/5 than true 1/6, or at least the 1/6 were used to from Hot Toys. I’ve got Joker next to Sideshow’s 1/5the He-Man statue and doesn’t look particularly out of scale next to him, probably due to the size of the throne. A bit smaller body/head wise. Maybe 1/5.5 scale might be about right. It’s really kind of somewhere in between. As long as the statues are in scale with each other I don’t really care of they are true to a specific scale or not.
Buttmunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 12:06 AM   #3
Tailgunner
Fantastic Four

There 1/6 seems 1/5. They are way bigger than Koto 1/6. My Tweeterhead Black Adam is way bigger than my Eric Sosa Koto Captain America
Tailgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 08:14 AM   #4
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Just from my experience.

Their SP line was about 5.75:1 as they were a little bigger than others 1:6.

Their 2.0 seems to be about 5.50:1 as they are just a tad larger than the SP line.

Out of all of my 1:6 statues they are always larger in comparison.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 08:16 AM   #5
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

The new Joker is considerably larger than other TH 1/6 I have. His hands are exaggerated, but they are the same size as many of my Sideshow 1/4s. He dwarfs the TH Batgirl.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 10:01 AM   #6
George Clark
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Brutah View Post
Question For Tweeterhead - Is this new 2.0 1/6 scale expected to match the size/scale of earlier 1/6 statue releases? They are both 1/6 scale.

As a collector understanding what 1/6 scale means with specific regard to the size and scale of the depicted characters themselves is paramount.

I would have purchased The Flash statue, but the size of his body as compared to earlier 1/6 Tweeterhead statues made this a non-purchase for me. With that said, the SuperPowers Batman character size/scale matches well with the new 2.0 Superman statue.

Collectors take this hobby very seriously, with collecting sets of characters being an essential focus. Having a clear understanding on what 1/6 scale means and what to expect shouldn?t be an open question.

Thanks

Couldn't agree more! I was very excited for the 2.0 line up, but after receiving Superman and Black Adam, I have stopped moving forward with this line due to the fact that they are so out of scale with the rest of my 1/6 collection.
George Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 10:19 AM   #7
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

so far the only 2.0 statue I have from Tweeterhead is the Flash. He is larger than some of the Super Powers statues but does fit in with some as well. After having it for a few days I have become fine with the body sculpt being a bit too muscular but I think the base is just too high. It could have been half the size and it would have been fine. I wish there was some way to cut it in half. This is why the Two Face base looked great because it seems to be much smaller.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 10:31 AM   #8
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
so far the only 2.0 statue I have from Tweeterhead is the Flash. He is larger than some of the Super Powers statues but does fit in with some as well. After having it for a few days I have become fine with the body sculpt being a bit too muscular but I think the base is just too high. It could have been half the size and it would have been fine. I wish there was some way to cut it in half. This is why the Two Face base looked great because it seems to be much smaller.
That is my issue with a lot of the 2.0 line. The bases are too high. I can deal with the body proportions being off a bit because I can layer them in a display and it hides that pretty well with forced perspective. But the taller bases are a problem not as easy to solve.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 11:20 AM   #9
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I just looked up Aquaman and saw that he is 20 inches high. Now I looked at it and they could have knocked off a few inches of water from the base. Now he will look great next to the Flash but putting him next to some of the other ones he will tower over him (now I would expect Aquaman to have a more muscular build so I am sure the body sculpt will be fine).
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 12:09 PM   #10
Detective27
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Agreed. The bases are too high/tall.
Detective27 is offline   Reply With Quote