Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 05-05-2008, 10:26 AM   #121
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
Without giving away too much that could be considered spoilers, I'm currently stuck on a mission where you need to retrieve something from the old hospital for Elizabeta. I can make it there and take possession of the package without a scratch, but I'm getting my ass handed to me when trying to get away.
I'm actually on that mission too! I murdered everyone to get the package but afterwards, holy **** there're a lot of them! I'm thinking of trying it again and forcing them to come to me.

And I must say, the biggest thing that makes this a better sequel is the superior aiming, really helps bring me into the game unlike the previous one where it was so frustrating it takes me out of it.
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:02 AM   #122
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
Without giving away too much that could be considered spoilers, I'm currently stuck on a mission where you need to retrieve something from the old hospital for Elizabeta. I can make it there and take possession of the package without a scratch, but I'm getting my ass handed to me when trying to get away.
Just did that one last night...I almost died trying to figure out how to get out. Cops were kickin my a$$. BTW...don't bother fighting them..they just keep coming. Clear a path and run for it. Just go out the front door and run straight through the opening in the fence and go for the water! I jumped off the ledge into the water and jacked a boat that's sitting there. Then you can haul it out of wanted range.

I think this point is close to half way through the story mode. I'm having way more fun with this GTA than I ever have with the others. It's been fantastic so far.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:36 AM   #123
Fat Head
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I love this game! I just finished the mission where you have to get the strip club back for Dwayne on the second island. Intense stuff.

If there a cheat that turns the cops off? I know about the one that lowers your wanted level, but that one sucks. I want to turn them off completely if I decide to fore go missions and just rampage for the day. Sometimes I have a bad day at work and just want to come home and murder people without repercussions. There's just something immensely satisfying about firing an AK-47 into the windshield of a guy who just ran you over and not having to answer to the police for it.
Fat Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:40 AM   #124
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Head View Post
I love this game! I just finished the mission where you have to get the strip club back for Dwayne on the second island. Intense stuff.

If there a cheat that turns the cops off? I know about the one that lowers your wanted level, but that one sucks. I want to turn them off completely if I decide to fore go missions and just rampage for the day. Sometimes I have a bad day at work and just want to come home and murder people without repercussions. There's just something immensely satisfying about firing an AK-47 into the windshield of a guy who just ran you over and not having to answer to the police for it.
cougartrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:44 AM   #125
Fat Head
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougartrace View Post
Lol, that did sound a little crazy didn't it?

I know you know what I mean though...
Fat Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #126
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Just did that one last night...I almost died trying to figure out how to get out. Cops were kickin my a$$. BTW...don't bother fighting them..they just keep coming. Clear a path and run for it. Just go out the front door and run straight through the opening in the fence and go for the water! I jumped off the ledge into the water and jacked a boat that's sitting there. Then you can haul it out of wanted range.

I think this point is close to half way through the story mode. I'm having way more fun with this GTA than I ever have with the others. It's been fantastic so far.
I beat it almost the same way but got away in a truck. In the back room, there's a huge I guess spindle? on the ground, the thing that holds large quantitues of big wires and the like. It's perfect to jump on that, jump onto the ledge and out of the building. I had put a truck there so it was ready for my getaway
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:34 PM   #127
HelloKinky
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

There's an option to pause all game progress through your phone so you can roam around for free, but it won't stop the cops. You'll have to cheat which will disable your achievements for you.

Online plays great just wish it was a bit more arcadey and faster as these guys all move so realistically it takes them a while to turn or duck or even make a roll. Overall though super fun to play online.
HelloKinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:58 PM   #128
Davidian
Omega Flight

My bestfriend bought this for my bday yesterday, I just started so I don't have an opinion just yet. One thing for sure is, I need to work on the controls, because I suck at driving! HAHA.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:19 PM   #129
HelloKinky
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Driving is definitely unforgiving, but overall I just play this game and it looks phenomenal. I love take cab rides around the city!
HelloKinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:34 PM   #130
Krypton Knight
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Has anyone else seen the pigeons with the red glow around them? I've seen two so far, one in the gazebo in the Overlook Park and another in a tunnel.
Krypton Knight is offline   Reply With Quote