Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 07-26-2010, 01:25 AM   #11
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

I just don't have time to adapt to a new fighting engine. I've spent so many years playing Street Fighter. Memorizing moves, combos, spacing, techniques, etc.

I've played Tekken, Virtua Fighter, and Soul Caliber, but to really get into those games you have to dedicate the time and memory. I just don't have it.

Street Fighter X Tekken I'll be able to jump right into, but Tekken X Street Fighter will be almost like starting over. I do want to try it, but I know I won't get past an hour of playing it.

I do respect the fact that both companies are trying their hand at their own versions.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:32 AM   #12
artofgarduno
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Andrew_ View Post
I just don't have time to adapt to a new fighting engine. I've spent so many years playing Street Fighter. Memorizing moves, combos, spacing, techniques, etc.

I've played Tekken, Virtua Fighter, and Soul Caliber, but to really get into those games you have to dedicate the time and memory. I just don't have it.

Street Fighter X Tekken I'll be able to jump right into, but Tekken X Street Fighter will be almost like starting over. I do want to try it, but I know I won't get past an hour of playing it.

I do respect the fact that both companies are trying their hand at their own versions.
Thats the only thing I dont like about Tekken lately is that there are 100+ moves per character and its too much sometimes, U can only master one character. Hopefully that will change with the SF engine.
artofgarduno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:44 AM   #13
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofgarduno View Post
Thats the only thing I dont like about Tekken lately is that there are 100+ moves per character and its too much sometimes, U can only master one character. Hopefully that will change with the SF engine.
Exactly. The move and combo list for those games are overwhelming. I have high hopes for Street Fighter X Tekken.

If nothing else I'll get another version of SSF IV since it clearly uses the same engine. Guile better be in it!
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:50 AM   #14
artofgarduno
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Andrew_ View Post
Exactly. The move and combo list for those games are overwhelming. I have high hopes for Street Fighter X Tekken.

If nothing else I'll get another version of SSF IV since it clearly uses the same engine. Guile better be in it!

Super Street fighter 4 was the first SF game i ever got into and after 70 hours I managed a C+ plus online rating, it was smooth to pick up.
artofgarduno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:15 AM   #15
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofgarduno View Post
WTF are you serious? The crowds went crazy at SSDC!!! I got chills when I saw Kazuya step into the ring with RYU, and they actually kept his moves very similiar to Tekken, and they animated him very well and looks great, whats not to like about that! Whats with all the prejudacy between Tekken players and SF players? There both great games.
Crowds at conventions aren't the best judge of anything. I've never heard of a crowd not going crazy at a convention product announcement. The "girl" from that episode of Spartacus in the pit could show up at a convention and the crowd would cheer not realizing what they were looking at...

Anyway, I really didn't like the last Capcom/SNK games so I hope this is better than those.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:23 AM   #16
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Cooool!!!!.. Thanks for posting!!!
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:01 AM   #17
demonhunter
Kingpin

I'm just thinking that this is a creative collaboration. But I can't help think that SF characters have the upperhand. Many Street Fighters have projectiles. Hadoukens, Sonic booms, Yoga fire, fireballs, etc etc. Tekken characters are generally non projectile fighting moves. I'm looking forward to the Tekken engine version of this cross over, although I'm a bigger fan of SF than Tekken.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:46 PM   #18
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post
I'm just thinking that this is a creative collaboration. But I can't help think that SF characters have the upperhand. Many Street Fighters have projectiles. Hadoukens, Sonic booms, Yoga fire, fireballs, etc etc. Tekken characters are generally non projectile fighting moves. I'm looking forward to the Tekken engine version of this cross over, although I'm a bigger fan of SF than Tekken.
exactly, for all it's fighting Kangaroos and Boxing Dinosaurs Tekken is rooted more in "real" combat, yes there are the freaks like Devil and his eye lazers but for the most part it's people with punches and kicks, not chi blasts and mega hurricane kicks, thats why i don't see the 2 worlds going together well
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:56 PM   #19
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Real fighting? Tekken is a mash game. To me this is a different type of Capcom vs marvel, only with Tekken characters.

I look forward to the SF engine one, not the mash one. Btw, there's characters within SF that don't have projectiles.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:24 PM   #20
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Oh yeah! that looks awesome! the tekken characters should adapt to the SF engine well. Can't have too much SF vs .....
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote