Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-09-2019, 05:26 PM   #1241
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Pleased to announce mine arrived in perfect condition. Thanks for the positive wishes, sorry your’s didn’t arrive the same. Sucks to have something you’ve looked forward to for that long fail to pan out and ultimately miss out altogether. I feel really, really lucky.
Congrats man! I know you’re relieved.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 05:40 PM   #1242
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
Congrats man! I know you’re relieved.
Thanks, I am. Good luck in getting a replacement. Hopefully Sideshow takes care of you but if they don’t P1 still has the Ex and with their economy shipping it’d likely be the same price or close to SSC now.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:16 PM   #1243
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Thanks, I am. Good luck in getting a replacement. Hopefully Sideshow takes care of you but if they don’t P1 still has the Ex and with their economy shipping it’d likely be the same price or close to SSC now.
I’m of the belief now that this statue has a design flaw that’s affecting certain pieces. When I picked up the package, the shipper box was in excellent shape, no dents or anything, so I was a bit disappointed when I opened it and her leg was broken. It just seems odd because the box, while really heavy, didn’t seem to sustain any damage from China all the way to my doorstep.

I will roll the dice one more time and see if I get lucky a second time around. If not, I’ll call it quits and cut my losses.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:56 PM   #1244
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Understandable. Best of luck to you any the rest of you guys waiting. She’s a beautiful piece.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:37 PM   #1245
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
I’m of the belief now that this statue has a design flaw that’s affecting certain pieces. When I picked up the package, the shipper box was in excellent shape, no dents or anything, so I was a bit disappointed when I opened it and her leg was broken. It just seems odd because the box, while really heavy, didn’t seem to sustain any damage from China all the way to my doorstep.

I will roll the dice one more time and see if I get lucky a second time around. If not, I’ll call it quits and cut my losses.
I’m of the opinion that in decreasing the volume of the packaging for Catwoman, that it doesn’t have enough protection for the statue within. So any sufficient knock on the box is enough to shatter the statue at its weakest point as there’s possibly not enough styrofoam to absorb the impact. And I’m guessing Prime 1 knew it could be an issue, especially with those added cardboard corners/edges added on top of the shipper box.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:04 AM   #1246
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Pleased to announce mine arrived in perfect condition. Thanks for the positive wishes, sorry your’s didn’t arrive the same. Sucks to have something you’ve looked forward to for that long fail to pan out and ultimately miss out altogether. I feel really, really lucky.
congrats! glad yours arrived in one piece. enjoy!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 11:33 AM   #1247
aa909
The Green Hornet

Email from SS customer service confirming no replacements. Returning for full refund
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 06:09 PM   #1248
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
Email from SS customer service confirming no replacements. Returning for full refund
They’ve pretty much been saying no replacements for all Prime 1 statues for the past 3 weeks now.

Are you going to try for another?
Old 05-10-2019, 06:15 PM   #1249
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
Yet they’re still selling it.

I’ll never understand Sideshow’s reasoning on things like this. The ONLY time they should be refusing to replace something is if it’s sold out & inventory is exhausted.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:34 PM   #1250
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Yet they’re still selling it.

I’ll never understand Sideshow’s reasoning on things like this. The ONLY time they should be refusing to replace something is if it’s sold out & inventory is exhausted.
Supposedly replacement stock (even when it’s for full replacement) is completely different from the numbered edition stock.

Sideshow products are sometimes treated the same as well. I needed to get my Sideshow Wolverine PF fully replaced when they were first shipping out, and I still had to wait a month for their unnumbered replacement stock to arrive. They just wrote my edition number on the replacement statue and boxes.