Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 04-30-2022, 11:37 PM   #1231
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
FIGHT!!!!

Just kidding...

Our 1:5 scale "Legends" line is definitely a mix of things with a bit of the extra obvious "realistic" push to make it more real-world / "what would we do if we could make a film, live action tv show, or video game".

In the instance of Teela, we looked at the vintage toy (sans cobra hood, sorry) filmation, 200x, some of the comic work, all of it... what makes Teela, Teela... and what would make sense for Teela in "Legends".

Hordak appeared Blue in Filmation, sure, but we were also heavily influenced for the variant by the awesome artwork of Earl Norem...

...as well as looking at the filmation show (why the cannon got worked into the statue offering.)

So yah, LOTS of inspiration for the "Legends" line...

As for the 1:6 line, it is definitely CLASSIC inspired, lots of vintage toy, Earl Norem and other painters and illustrators we look at, etc...

Filmation has some really fun stuff, and obviously there are characters that look totally different, like Clawful, and they made some compromises to make things more animation-friendly for TV in the 80's... So choosing filmation as inspiration is always there, but not too heavy handed in certain circumstances.

ANYWAYS... Chad and I have huge plans for MOTU. We're a smaller operation and it's a bit slow going because we take the extra time and care to push these things to justify the higher price point. These arnt cheap, and we want to blow peoples socks off, like we hopefully have with all the pieces done up to this point, and justify their price point.

Stoked to show what's coming next... I mean, we've shown painted renders of Trap Jaw "Legends" and He-Man & Battle Cat "Classic", we teased Beast Man "Legends" and the He-Man "Legends" life size bust, and we have four other projects in early sculpt to near sculpt complete stages... One of them MAY or may not be the Sorceress...

It's all a matter of timing. We're excited with the roll-out, it's not the fastest, but we are striving for the best. We want these to be timeless pieces in your collection.

Awesome! A mix, as it should be, imo! Thank you for the clarification and the information! Much appreciated, sir!
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 06:58 AM   #1232
Acolyte
Birdman

Quote:
We want these to be timeless pieces in your collection.
In my humble opinion you have achieved that so far.
Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 01:04 PM   #1233
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
FIGHT!!!!

Just kidding...

Our 1:5 scale "Legends" line is definitely a mix of things with a bit of the extra obvious "realistic" push to make it more real-world / "what would we do if we could make a film, live action tv show, or video game".

In the instance of Teela, we looked at the vintage toy (sans cobra hood, sorry) filmation, 200x, some of the comic work, all of it... what makes Teela, Teela... and what would make sense for Teela in "Legends".

Hordak appeared Blue in Filmation, sure, but we were also heavily influenced for the variant by the awesome artwork of Earl Norem...

...as well as looking at the filmation show (why the cannon got worked into the statue offering.)

As for the 1:6 line, it is definitely CLASSIC inspired, lots of vintage toy, Earl Norem and other painters and illustrators we look at, etc...

Filmation has some really fun stuff, and obviously there are characters that look totally different, like Clawful, and they made some compromises to make things more animation-friendly for TV in the 80's... So choosing filmation as inspiration is always there, but not too heavy handed in certain circumstances.

ANYWAYS... Chad and I have huge plans for MOTU. We're a smaller operation and it's a bit slow going because we take the extra time and care to push these things to justify the higher price point. These arnt cheap, and we want to blow peoples socks off, like we hopefully have with all the pieces done up to this point, and justify their price point.

Stoked to show what's coming next... I mean, we've shown painted renders of Trap Jaw "Legends" and He-Man & Battle Cat "Classic", we teased Beast Man "Legends" and the He-Man "Legends" life size bust, and we have four other projects in early sculpt to near sculpt complete stages... One of them MAY or may not be the Sorceress...

It's all a matter of timing. We're excited with the roll-out, it's not the fastest, but we are striving for the best. We want these to be timeless pieces in your collection.
Well said, very exciting, and as always I can't wait to see the new updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
In my humble opinion you have achieved that so far.
Agreed! I second this strongly!
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 01:39 PM   #1234
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:

Is Scareglow still in the works ? That is my most anticipated character you guys have teased so far.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 02:15 PM   #1235
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
FIGHT!!!!

Just kidding...

You guys definitely can't go wrong emulating the work of Earl Norem or Rudy Obrero!
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 06:17 AM   #1236
Clarian
Frackin!

Quote:
One of them MAY or may not be the Sorceress...
As someone who pre-ordered the Exclusive Teela, I'm very interested to see what your take on Sorceress would be like!

And I'm also willing to wait however long is needed to achieve the degree of awesomeness and quality like we saw in the Teela design...after seeing the dedication in that one, I'll be here for the next reveals, whenever they come!
Clarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 03:22 PM   #1237
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Filmation has some really fun stuff, and obviously there are characters that look totally different, like Clawful, and they made some compromises to make things more animation-friendly for TV in the 80's...
legends clawful confirmed
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 03:39 PM   #1238
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Is Scareglow still in the works ? That is my most anticipated character you guys have teased so far.
my heart wants it to be so, but my bank account does not.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 04:31 PM   #1239
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
my heart wants it to be so, but my bank account does not.
I'm going through that same struggle
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 08:41 PM   #1240
darren1228
Zot

On a related topic what are everyone's thoughts on Kevin Smith's MOTU Revelations?

I just finished season 2 episode 2 and I'm loving the show. Yes it was surprising that He-Man seemed to be an afterthought in season 1 and its more of a Teela story but it wasn't a bad pivot to me. I like the plot and enjoy all the Easter eggs thrown in (we see so many characters in it). I'm surprised that its getting so much hate. It isn't super WOKE to me and would encourage people to give it a shot if they haven't seen it before. Oh the animation and character design are awesome.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote