Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 08-09-2017, 03:48 PM   #1
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Sound Systems Vibrations VS Statues

Hello all,

I am in the process of rearranging and figuring out a good look and placement for my pieces.

One of my thoughts was stands on either side of my tv/entertainment center.

I was wondering with some of you guys and your mancaves out there, have you run into any problems or do any precautions as far as statues/pieces being close to speakers / sub-woofers?

Any issues with vibrations over time?

I would imagine over time I would eventually hit the right frequency for a "correct" period of time to result in possible issues...like falling or shaking lose an already lose magnet.

Any precautions to take for such a situation / setup?

Am I just over thinking it?

Would a piece like Hot Toys 1/4 endo figure be at risk of bass helping his knees bend more (due to gravity) over time?

Thanks for any input or feedback.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:41 PM   #2
omigeo
Alpha Flight

I would stay away from vibration for sure. I wouldn't chance it, especially if you're the type of person that likes to hear very LOUD music with a lot of base.

Oh, the Horror of even imagining it, hehehe...
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:31 PM   #3
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
Hello all,

I am in the process of rearranging and figuring out a good look and placement for my pieces.

One of my thoughts was stands on either side of my tv/entertainment center.

I was wondering with some of you guys and your mancaves out there, have you run into any problems or do any precautions as far as statues/pieces being close to speakers / sub-woofers?

Any issues with vibrations over time?

I would imagine over time I would eventually hit the right frequency for a "correct" period of time to result in possible issues...like falling or shaking lose an already lose magnet.

Any precautions to take for such a situation / setup?

Am I just over thinking it?

Would a piece like Hot Toys 1/4 endo figure be at risk of bass helping his knees bend more (due to gravity) over time?

Thanks for any input or feedback.
I don't think your overthinking it at all. I would never place my speakers and especially my sub woofer anywhere near my statues. I own a really powerful system by ADA and those vibrations over time could definitely cause problems, especially if a statue isnt cast perfectly. If it has any imperfections, vibrations over long periods of time could cause some breakage issues, especially if you like to use high volume settings. Or if its a statue like Sideshow's Daredevil PF, where people had concerns about there not being enough support. Vibrations could definitely cause problems over the long term for statues like that. Or statues that have leaning issues, vibrations could be the final straw that tips your leaning statue over.

My advice if you are going to put speakers in the vacinity of your statues is to use some sort of padding underneath your statues. Like a thick layer of felt. That would help abosrb or dissipate at least some of the vibrations running through the actual furniture or shelving holding your statues. The only comic related statues I have in my living room is my 1:4 bronze Fathom by CS Moore. Since its a real bronze statue, there is no need for concern regarding vibrations.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote