Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 11-30-2017, 02:13 PM   #21
travis
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
No it isn't. But Isidur does feature a lot of shiny armour, and the last time Weta produced statue with a lot of shiny armour it was Dain on Ironfoot and Weta certainly didn't have a problem butchering the paint apps on that one.
will agree on that up to a point...a positive for me is that these Weta pieces are an easy as pie touch up paint job for me...easiest colors to work with too
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 02:53 PM   #22
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
will agree on that up to a point...a positive for me is that these Weta pieces are an easy as pie touch up paint job for me...easiest colors to work with too
I wish I had your skill, but I don't. And I suspect the vast majority of collectors have neither the skill or confidence to tackle these ever increasing paint app issues. And quite frankly, with Weta's recent price increases we shouldn't have to. My last 4 Weta purchases include a beautifully painted MoS with a horse that doesn't fit on the base properly. A Dol Gulder Orc soldier whose hair (facial and back of head) are the same pinkish color as his face, neck, and head. A Grond environment that features two huge black pegs underneath the battering ram frame that either aren't on the prototype or have been photoshopped out of the official Weta website photo's.....either way they're an eyesore and impact how it should be displayed. And a War Troll that based on multiple issues ranging from it not fitting on the base properly to paint apps that don't even remotely line up with the prototype.

Needless to say, my confidence in Weta is waning significantly these days.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 03:06 PM   #23
travis
A.I.M.

Quote:
I wish I had your skill, but I don't. And I suspect the vast majority of collectors have neither the skill or confidence to tackle these ever increasing paint app issues. And quite frankly, with Weta's recent price increases we shouldn't have to. My last 4 Weta purchases include a beautifully painted MoS with a horse that doesn't fit on the base properly. A Dol Gulder Orc soldier whose hair (facial and back of head) are the same pinkish color as his face, neck, and head. A Grond environment that features two huge black pegs underneath the battering ram frame that either aren't on the prototype or have been photoshopped out of the official Weta website photo's.....either way they're an eyesore and impact how it should be displayed. And a War Troll that based on multiple issues ranging from it not fitting on the base properly to paint apps that don't even remotely line up with the prototype.

Needless to say, my confidence in Weta is waning significantly these days.
For me the price hurts the most...agree on the Weta overpricing aspect here
Old 11-30-2017, 04:45 PM   #24
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
For me the price hurts the most...agree on the Weta overpricing aspect here
No doubt the new pricing model hurts, but I could live with that if the QC was keeping pace. But whereas I rarely had any issues with my Hobbit and LOTR statues from a few short years ago I seem to be having all sorts of issues today. And with the prices being so much more reasonable back then this makes no sense to me. I'm actually wondering if Weta has changed factories in the past year or so.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:07 PM   #25
travis
A.I.M.

A statue that doesn't sit right or fit onto a base bothers me more than the paint...when a Weta statue is perfect its as good as anything out there...and for now its pretty much my collecting area...hopefully some straightening out of the QC will happen
Old 11-30-2017, 06:23 PM   #26
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
A statue that doesn't sit right or fit onto a base bothers me more than the paint...when a Weta statue is perfect its as good as anything out there...and for now its pretty much my collecting area...hopefully some straightening out of the QC will happen
I can't disagree with you there. When the stars align and Weta nails it, their statues are a thing to behold.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:56 PM   #27
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Fingers crosssd Isildur stays available for a while. It’s definitely a piece I’d like to add to my collection but I won’t be able to afford him for a while. No more Weta orders until February for me, or until Eomer on Firefoot goes up, whichever comes first.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:45 AM   #28
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Fingers crosssd Isildur stays available for a while. It’s definitely a piece I’d like to add to my collection but I won’t be able to afford him for a while. No more Weta orders until February for me, or until Eomer on Firefoot goes up, whichever comes first.
I think given the fact a lot of people just spent a lot of money during the BF sale, and just as many still have to pay off Thrandruil on Elk you should have more than enough breathing room. Ideally, there should be plenty of in hand photo's floating around by the time you decide whether or not to pull the trigger.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:12 AM   #29
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I think given the fact a lot of people just spent a lot of money during the BF sale, and just as many still have to pay off Thrandruil on Elk you should have more than enough breathing room. Ideally, there should be plenty of in hand photo's floating around by the time you decide whether or not to pull the trigger.
I hope you’re right. He seems like a character many had high on their most wanted list so I could see it going either way. Haldir will likely be the same, if not more popular.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:26 AM   #30
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

elves are always more popular
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote