Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-02-2016, 12:31 PM   #941
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Guys, things don't look good for the pricing on this considering the price of the latest Deadpool
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 01:19 PM   #942
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Speculating that there is a popularity tax added to Deadpool, expect Thanos to rape everyone's wallets.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:03 PM   #943
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
Guys, things don't look good for the pricing on this considering the price of the latest Deadpool
It's like Alex said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Bane will more than likely carry a hefty price tag due to size, complexity and mixed media elements. As for Venom and Carnage, those should fall under the $700 price tag.
With Alex's comment not doing much to alleviate fears of pricing increase in general I whole-heartedly believe that we've entered an era where the average SS piece will be around $500 to $550 and most pieces of any significant size or complexity will be at least $600 to $700 as an entry point.

That being said, I don't think the pricing is outright egregious by any means although I agree with you that I too believe certain prices are inflated due to character demand. However, what I'm curious about is just how effective this approach is going to be. I say this because when Deadpool dropped at $700 I personally rethought about my purchasing options and decided that if I was going to spend that much money on a premium piece it needed to be a piece made by a Studio with more reliable QC and with a smaller ES for more collectibility. I then Purchased my first Prime 1 piece and since then have purchased one more and a PCS piece as well. My fear is that if Bane is as over-priced as the Deadpool PF then it is possible that SS will actually start losing customers due to their new pricing (if they haven't already) and the customers that remain will be the ones left to make up the lost revenue.
dafadcariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:40 PM   #944
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Given the pricing and how weak my dollar is, gonna have to pass on Bane in order to hopefully be able to afford Thanos as I expect he will possibly set a record.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:53 PM   #945
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I feel like every piece they want to price due to popularity is going to have some excuse. Mixed media elements? LOL so some fabric pants are going to drive Bane's price up? Complexity? He looks like Hulk with tubing.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:28 PM   #946
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I feel like every piece they want to price due to popularity is going to have some excuse. Mixed media elements? LOL so some fabric pants are going to drive Bane's price up? Complexity? He looks like Hulk with tubing.
another excuse for price increase might also be bane hurt his foot while smashing the light and needs our money for medical help.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:29 PM   #947
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafadcariad View Post
It's like Alex said...

With Alex's comment not doing much to alleviate fears of pricing increase in general I whole-heartedly believe that we've entered an era where the average SS piece will be around $500 to $550 and most pieces of any significant size or complexity will be at least $600 to $700 as an entry point.

That being said, I don't think the pricing is outright egregious by any means although I agree with you that I too believe certain prices are inflated due to character demand. However, what I'm curious about is just how effective this approach is going to be. I say this because when Deadpool dropped at $700 I personally rethought about my purchasing options and decided that if I was going to spend that much money on a premium piece it needed to be a piece made by a Studio with more reliable QC and with a smaller ES for more collectibility. I then Purchased my first Prime 1 piece and since then have purchased one more and a PCS piece as well. My fear is that if Bane is as over-priced as the Deadpool PF then it is possible that SS will actually start losing customers due to their new pricing (if they haven't already) and the customers that remain will be the ones left to make up the lost revenue.
I really agree with this statement. I was buying about 7 to 8 pieces a year but I've just totally rethought my collection. I've started collecting other companies. Well see if it lasts. So far I've passed up all the birds of prey, guardians of the galaxy, killer croc, dp. It's getting easier as time goes on.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:36 PM   #948
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
I really agree with this statement. I was buying about 7 to 8 pieces a year but I've just totally rethought my collection. I've started collecting other companies. Well see if it lasts. So far I've passed up all the birds of prey, guardians of the galaxy, killer croc, dp. It's getting easier as time goes on.
I've found myself transitioning to Prime 1 and XM instead of Sideshow. If SS is going to be charging me 6-700 for a 1/4 scale with no switch outs, I'd rather spend a couple hundred more and get a much more intricate, larger statue with loads of display options.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:39 PM   #949
floreairfoot
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
I've found myself transitioning to Prime 1 and XM instead of Sideshow. If SS is going to be charging me 6-700 for a 1/4 scale with no switch outs, I'd rather spend a couple hundred more and get a much more intricate, larger statue with loads of display options.
Yep. This.
floreairfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:40 PM   #950
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
MSRP is going to be $800. Well probably $799. According to people who went to NYCC and asked SS.
Just throwing out my post (#789) from October for a reminder where Bane will be at.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote