Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 02-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #391
MexxPaul
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post

Didn't read a heads-up about this anywhere..
Thats not funny at all.
That is really not funny because it was stated in the email I received from ARH Studios in December.
It was clearly stated that all the extras and AP stickers are on the statue as well as the autograph of the artist.

But I do not want to judge before I have received my own statue! But if feel with the ones who got the wrong one. Not cool after waiting for so long.....
MexxPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #392
BLACK OPS
The Herculoids

I am in the same boat, Thor but no extras and the a/p bit is s sticker but in saying all that this is still an outstanding statue and an amazing sculpt with so much detail, pity ARH got the basics all wrong.
BLACK OPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #393
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

I don't get why the AP's are made in China in the first place...This is what the website says about AP's:

Artist Proof Edition

"APs" are statues made here in our USA Studio.

Our in-house artists will cast, finish and paint it specially for you! Sometimes, small requests about color scheme can be accommodated. These statues a very limited, come signed by Arahom Radjah, and can be purchased only through our website.
It normally takes from 45 to 60 days to be ready. Payments for APs are non-refundable since these pieces are made to order.
"
Hercules75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #394
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules75 View Post
I don't get why the AP's are made in China in the first place...This is what the website says about AP's:

Artist Proof Edition

"APs" are statues made here in our USA Studio.

Our in-house artists will cast, finish and paint it specially for you! Sometimes, small requests about color scheme can be accommodated. These statues a very limited, come signed by Arahom Radjah, and can be purchased only through our website.
It normally takes from 45 to 60 days to be ready. Payments for APs are non-refundable since these pieces are made to order.
"
That's how the Thor AP was originally solicited, but I recall either an email or a post here somewhere advising the Thor AP could no longer be finished by Arahom in house due to volume (or something). It is a shame but if the quality is still there I can live with it.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #395
MexxPaul

They could not make it in the US because somehow the US customs restrictions let not send you so big parcels abroad. That is what was stated in the email. Therefore they had to do it in China!
Old 03-01-2012, 11:06 AM   #396
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexxPaul View Post
US customs restrictions let not send you so big parcels abroad.
ARH received my large medusa box without any trouble..
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #397
MexxPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
ARH received my large medusa box without any trouble..
I don't know. ARH told me the story with the big parcels. They said it is not possible to send such big parcels to , in my case, Germany.
Therefore the 7 parcels to Europe where send from China and made in China.

I am not making this up! I got the email from ARH as proof.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #398
SKORPIO8
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

[QUOTE=MexxPaul;4227773]I don't know. ARH told me the story with the big parcels. They said it is not possible to send such big parcels to , in my case, Germany.
Therefore the 7 parcels to Europe where send from China and made in China.

I am not making this up! I got the email from ARH as proof. [/QUOTE ]
hI guys .. am from Cyprus and still waiting for my AP Thor. Due to US shipping costs , it was clearly said by Arh that all the European Customers will get Thor directly from China. I hope they will not be any painting or quality issues. Arh send a tracking no too. Has anyone figure out where to go and check with the tracking no?
thnks
SKORPIO8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:04 AM   #399
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
hI guys .. I am from Cyprus and still waiting for my AP Thor. etc Has anyone figure out where to go and check with the tracking no?
thnks
Other people had the same.. It will show up on the 'regular' tracking page as soon as it has cleared customs.
(And yes I know other countries get it directly from china, I've received three medusa already.. But still waiting on a good one)
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:08 AM   #400
mastter
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK OPS View Post
Hi i just got my Thor here in Ireland and i am very disappointed to say least at my first ARH studio statue, first.
There is lots of paint rubs on the cape and base of the statue from the Styrofoam.
There was a breakage to the leather looking straps that hang from his belt and the sheild was not attached to the base.
The base is blank, it does not say AP just plain blank and not numbered.
The exclusive hammer is missing.
The art print is missing
The complementary display of the helmet and hammer is also missing.
I payed for the Ap a number of months ago and appears i get the regular.
Again major let down for a top dollar piece.
I´m very upset reading this, I still waiting for my Thor AP, but this already looks bad, I also don´t want something different from the AP that was promised 9 months ago.
mastter is offline   Reply With Quote