Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 04-08-2016, 02:57 PM   #11
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

BBTS has this mask on sale for $413.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...00&mode=retail

It's a good price considering how high the retail price was for for this mask so I placed an order for one. They still have a few left if anyone is interested.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 05:09 PM   #12
Python
Omega Red

Cduk have it cheap over here also, I guess the crazy high initial price point didn't quite work out. I'd grab one if I wasn't about to order their P2 bust.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 04:23 PM   #13
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I received my order last week and opened it today. I have a major problem with mine which I will get into in a moment. This is my first Coolprops piece and overall I am not impressed with the workmanship on it especially given the retail price. Even considering the discounted price that I paid I expected better results. The paint app on the stand is neat and clean overall and if they would of left it that way it would have been a good decision but they decided to slap various streaks of silver paint on several of the corners to simulate weathering. It just comes off as amateurish and cheap looking and detracts from the overall look of the base. The stand is nice and heavy though.

The mask itself is painted pretty well and the sculpt looks great but the thing is feather light. I expected more weight to it. Now on to the problem with mine. The targeting laser on the mask is stupposed to twist and come out of the mask along with the battery compartment so you can insert the included batteries. Well on mine some genius at the factory decided to glue the thing in so when I twisted it to pull it out the top containing the led lights and electronics broke completely off and the battery compartment was still in the mask. It's glued in there and not coming out.

Needless to say this thing is a bust and going back for a refund. I will think twice about buying another Coolprops piece in the future based on this experience.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:37 PM   #14
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I received my order last week and opened it today. I have a major problem with mine which I will get into in a moment. This is my first Coolprops piece and overall I am not impressed with the workmanship on it especially given the retail price. Even considering the discounted price that I paid I expected better results. The paint app on the stand is neat and clean overall and if they would of left it that way it would have been a good decision but they decided to slap various streaks of silver paint on several of the corners to simulate weathering. It just comes off as amateurish and cheap looking and detracts from the overall look of the base. The stand is nice and heavy though.

The mask itself is painted pretty well and the sculpt looks great but the thing is feather light. I expected more weight to it. Now on to the problem with mine. The targeting laser on the mask is stupposed to twist and come out of the mask along with the battery compartment so you can insert the included batteries. Well on mine some genius at the factory decided to glue the thing in so when I twisted it to pull it out the top containing the led lights and electronics broke completely off and the battery compartment was still in the mask. It's glued in there and not coming out.

Needless to say this thing is a bust and going back for a refund. I will think twice about buying another Coolprops piece in the future based on this experience.
This raises concerns for me in regards to the P2 bust...

Sorry to hear your mask is so messed up. Could you post pics of it please so I can see the workmanship. Thanks. And good luck if you try for another one.
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:09 PM   #15
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:

Thanks for posting he experience, it is much appreciated. Goes to show the Predator 2 bust may not be the slam dunk we are all wanting.

I think no matter how hard we hope we will be unable to escape that these are made in Chinese factories, with China having a terrible reputation for quality which so many of us have personal experience.

More than the prices, or the compulsion to overbuy this really is the bane of buying this stuff.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 11:29 PM   #16
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planeswalker View Post
This raises concerns for me in regards to the P2 bust...

Sorry to hear your mask is so messed up. Could you post pics of it please so I can see the workmanship. Thanks. And good luck if you try for another one.
Sorry but I didn't take any pics of the base or the whole mask before I boxed them back up. I am not going for a replacement. I'll be getting a refund. Based on the one I received, these masks aren't worth the asking price.

Hopefully Coolprops steps up their game on the P2 bust for those collectors that are ordering one. I'll be passing on it even if I end up having to return my Sidehow P2 Maquette if it isn't acceptable. I can't in good conscience invest that much money in this company after seeing this bust in hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Thanks for posting he experience, it is much appreciated. Goes to show the Predator 2 bust may not be the slam dunk we are all wanting.

I think no matter how hard we hope we will be unable to escape that these are made in Chinese factories, with China having a terrible reputation for quality which so many of us have personal experience.

More than the prices, or the compulsion to overbuy this really is the bane of buying this stuff.
No problem. Maybe my experience will help another collector on the fence with this company.

I really think in order to get a quality product out of China a company has to be willing to invest in good quality control. So often these collectible companies skimp on quality control but charge a high price any way. Having to deal with this reality time and again can really suck the fun out of this hobby. This mask retailed for practically $600 shipped. There is no way it's close to being a $600 piece imo. I paid $460 shipped and it doesn't even measure up to that price in my eyes.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:21 AM   #17
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Sorry but I didn't take any pics of the base or the whole mask before I boxed them back up. I am not going for a replacement. I'll be getting a refund. Based on the one I received, these masks aren't worth the asking price.

Hopefully Coolprops steps up their game on the P2 bust for those collectors that are ordering one. I'll be passing on it even if I end up having to return my Sidehow P2 Maquette if it isn't acceptable. I can't in good conscience invest that much money in this company after seeing this bust in hand.

No problem. Maybe my experience will help another collector on the fence with this company.

I really think in order to get a quality product out of China a company has to be willing to invest in good quality control. So often these collectible companies skimp on quality control but charge a high price any way. Having to deal with this reality time and again can really suck the fun out of this hobby. This mask retailed for practically $600 shipped. There is no way it's close to being a $600 piece imo. I paid $460 shipped and it doesn't even measure up to that price in my eyes.
Yeah I don't even think Quality Control can get these companies to do right and produce good quality, just money. Chinese companies that want to screw over these companies will always find a way and the only real option is to pay enough extra so that the factories want to keep the company around for hopes of getting more later.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:15 AM   #18
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Reminds me of the SS IM LSB, great Bust ruined with a pathetic attemp at battle damage.

Disregarding the base are the battery compartment and light weight your only issues?
Doubt any QC would go as far as to check the battery compartment on every mask, although they should.

Having ordered the P2 Bust I'm concerned over this companies quality.
Collectorcol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:05 AM   #19
Python
Omega Red

Sorry to hear that Viper, hope you get your refund etc through with no issues. And I feel what you're saying about the QC sucking the fun out of the hobby, even more so on items with silly price points like the P2 maquette so I hope yours is good!

Cooplprops came out of the block quickly and I really love what they're trying to do, their Gort was pretty good, but I don't own any of their pieces yet so as far as I'm concerned, it remains to be seen how they go as a collectible company.

This does however concern me as I'm about to spend a lot of money on their P2 bust as others here have, it is a risk for sure, hopefully they will do it justice. I only saw one other person with this mask, his fortunately had no issues.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 12:11 PM   #20
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Reminds me of the SS IM LSB, great Bust ruined with a pathetic attemp at battle damage.

Disregarding the base are the battery compartment and light weight your only issues?
Doubt any QC would go as far as to check the battery compartment on every mask, although they should.

Having ordered the P2 Bust I'm concerned over this companies quality.
Indeed, it's definitely disappointing as I was looking forward to adding this piece to my collection as well as a few more possibly.

Overall I was underwhelmed with the piece considering the retail prices these masks sell for. $600 retail for this piece is absurd imo. Even $500 is asking too much. The quality of the paint apps just isn't there at least on the one I received. I expect the paint apps are very similar on all of them to be honest. The mask itself is very light and felt almost like it was made of plastic or some other light weight material like fiberglass. Even if mine wasn't defective and I couldn't return it, I would have sold it. It really didn't impress me much at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Sorry to hear that Viper, hope you get your refund etc through with no issues. And I feel what you're saying about the QC sucking the fun out of the hobby, even more so on items with silly price points like the P2 maquette so I hope yours is good!

Cooplprops came out of the block quickly and I really love what they're trying to do, their Gort was pretty good, but I don't own any of their pieces yet so as far as I'm concerned, it remains to be seen how they go as a collectible company.

This does however concern me as I'm about to spend a lot of money on their P2 bust as others here have, it is a risk for sure, hopefully they will do it justice. I only saw one other person with this mask, his fortunately had no issues.
Thanks Python. Good luck to you as well on the P2 bust. Hopefully Coolprops has stepped up their game since they made this piece and the P2 Bust will impress once in hand. While I won't be preordering it, I might pick it up after release but only if it meets expectations and I was forced to return my P2 Maquette. I don't think the P2 bust will sell out before release so waiting shouldn't be a problem.