Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-20-2016, 04:22 PM   #1741
COI

The piece hasn't been pushed back yet, what got pushed were those final payments scheduled for November. Same with Red Sonja. Both might still land in the original estimated window.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 07:26 PM   #1742
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Wasn't she always a NOV 16-Jan 17 release?
As you can see my FlexPay plan got pushed back 2 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
The piece hasn't been pushed back yet, what got pushed were those final payments scheduled for November. Same with Red Sonja. Both might still land in the original estimated window.
That depends how you look at it. They normally schedule Flexpay payments so your final payment lands on the date Sideshow is expecting the statue to be finsihed. Yes, Sideshow normally doesnt use a single month as the release date and instead uses a 2-3 month window, like Nov-Jan to give themselves some leeway. That being said, if all goes well and there are no delays on Sideshow's end then the statue normally ships on the front end of that estimate and there is no need to delay Flexpay payments just like the new Lady Death statue. When you start to see 2 month adjustments to FlexPay schedules that tells me that something happened that pushed the release of the statue back. I for one was expecting a November release based on my Flexpay schedule, December at the very latest. So based on my expectations, this definitely got pushed back a month or 2.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 07:36 PM   #1743
COI

OC, the release window was always Nov-Jan.

The reason your plan got pushed two months is because you ordered back in January and were scheduled to make your last payment in November, but they don't collect the final payment until the piece is ready to ship, which means they're expecting it in January. The release window stayed the same, but your payment plan changed because it's not making it by Nov/Dec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post

That depends how you look at it. They normally schedule Flexpay payments so your final payment lands on the date Sideshow is expecting the statue to be finsihed. Yes, Sideshow normally doesnt use a single month as the release date and instead uses a 2-3 month window, like Nov-Jan to give themselves some leeway. That being said, if all goes well and there are no delays on Sideshow's end then the statue normally ships on the front end of that estimate and there is no need to delay Flexpay payments. When you start to see 2 month adjustments to FlexPay schedules that tells me that something happened that pushed the release of the statue back.
Could be. All I'm saying is the release window hasn't changed.

They've only started this 2-3 month window thing this year, so no clear patterns have emerged yet. Some have come early, at the front end of the estimates (Aquaman, Spider-Man), some have come later (Lady Death, Jason).

Last edited by COI; 10-20-2016 at 07:40 PM.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 07:44 PM   #1744
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokritz17 View Post
or we all going to look selfish as hell with 10 huge boxes under the tree for Christmas
Yeah, you can say that again. I'll be sneaking them in through the back door

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
OC, the release window was always Nov-Jan.

The reason your plan got pushed two months is because you ordered back in January and were scheduled to make your last payment in November, but they don't collect the final payment until the piece is ready to ship, which means they're expecting it in January. The release window stayed the same, but your payment plan changed because it's not making it by Nov/Dec.

Could be. All I'm saying is the release window hasn't changed.

They've only started this 2-3 month window thing this year, so no clear patterns have emerged yet. Some have come early, at the front end of the estimates (Aquaman, Spider-Man), some have come later (Lady Death, Jason).
Again, I understand that Sideshow gives themselves some leeway in regards to release schedules, but that doesnt change the fact that if all goes well on thier end then the statue ships on the last date of your Flexpay schedule. 90% of the statues I have ordered from Sideshow have not had delays in the Flexpay schedule and those statues wound up shipping on the final payment date. So at least for me, when I see delays in the FlexPay schedule, that tells me there has been a delay on Sideshow's end. You might not technically consider it a delay since Sideshow gives themselves some leeway on the release date and it still might ship within thier initial estimate, but I still consider it a delay.

And it doesn't matter when you get your initial order in. The people that get thier orders in really early don't have thier flexPay payments kick in for at least a few months. For example my Black Canary order:

I placed my order on August 23rd but my FlexPay payments aren't going to kick in until November and if everything goes on schedule with this statue, I expect it to ship on my final payment date. Again, thats the way its been for 90% of the statues I have ordered with FlexPay. The most payments Sideshow will allow with FlexPay is 8, so they start the FlexPay payments when Sideshow think's thier 8 months from completion. They just add a couple months on to the release date to give themselves some leeway in case they do run into delays.

Actually, that was a bad example as I forgot I wound up pusing that payment back 1 month, which is why its scheduled to start in November. It was initially going to start in October if I remember correctly. I have other FLexPay's that didn't start for a couple months after I placed the order, which was the point I was trying to make. If you choose 8 payments with FlexPay, your payments start based on when Sideshow thinks thier 8 months from the statue being completed, not based on when you placed the order.

Here is a better example:

I placed my order on Jan 12, but my FlexPay payments didn't kick in until April, roughly 3 months after I placed my order.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 03:35 PM   #1745
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

When does Dark Phoenix come out?
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 01:56 PM   #1746
~WindzStriker~
Frackin!

waiting on this one
~WindzStriker~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:02 PM   #1747
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~WindzStriker~ View Post
waiting on this one
Yes I'm waiting too for the aftermarket to pick one up. She's amazing! Portraits are top notch best in the industry hope the factories can pull off the expression unlike the first red Sonja. Still prefer new sculpts inside of multiple repainted coming for this. At least give us 2 new head sculpts for each repaint please!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:09 PM   #1748
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Damn, I didn't realize this had gotten pushed back as well. So Dark Phoenix, Red Sonja, and Purgatory have all been delayed. That basically means that we now possibly have Red Sonja, Dark Pheonix, Pfieffer Catwoman, Gamora, Shard, and Green Goblin all dropping in December/January. I certainly hope Captain Marvel & Green Lantern dont get pushed back as well. If that happens, that means we could have as many as 8 statues shipping in December/January.

Sideshow be messin with my payment schedule in a big bad way!!
That's where that "Schedule 1 month out" option comes in handy. I didn't realize it was there and found it by accident.

I have all my auto-debits(Flex-pays, bills, mom's car payment, etc) all scheduled on the same day each month so it's easier to track, but then these SS changes wreak havok with my budget, so I do exercise that option every once and a while.
candyrocket786 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:29 PM   #1749
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I was just at the SS site, and if I'm not mistaken, the EX isn't even waitlisted yet.

I'm waiting on this piece to see how the production photos look. If she slays like Captain Marvel -- I will be very tempted.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 03:15 PM   #1750
newe82
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I was just at the SS site, and if I'm not mistaken, the EX isn't even waitlisted yet.

I'm waiting on this piece to see how the production photos look. If she slays like Captain Marvel -- I will be very tempted.
Dark Phoenix looks great, but there is no hurry to order this. The EX ES is 2500 and at $500 this is not selling out anytime soon.
newe82 is offline   Reply With Quote