Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-01-2016, 03:34 PM   #1
Wizard
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Your Top 3 Statues/Collectibles of 2016

Unless something "off my radar" comes up in the remaining days of 2016, my in-hand statues/collectibles are done for the year.

How many pieces did you acquire in 2016?

What are your top three pick-ups this year (released either years ago or brand new) in the statue and/or collectible field(s)?

Is there something you have coming, in the remaining weeks of 2016, that may knock a piece out of your top three.

I purchased/received 11 statues/collectibles this year.

My top three of 2016:

1) "24" Jack Bauer exclusive (Hollywood Collectibles Group).
I'm a HUGE "24" fan. Despite some uneven seasons, it ranks in my top five television shows ever. When I came across this, it was an immediate purchase. I had read collectors' observations about HCG's decline in quality. However, this piece nails Jack Bauer perfectly. Paint, heft, pose - all are there. The facial likeness to Keifer isn't quite there, but it takes little away from the statue. Coupled with the fantastic exclusive mask portrait from a key "24" sequence, the statue becomes a 10/10 for me.

2) Kratos Throne exclusive (GamingHeads).
The wait was worth it on this. This mammoth statue has a presence that bespeaks the power that is Kratos. The sculp and paint are very well done. Concerns about the seated Kratos fitting seamlessly on the throne with elbow down are non-existent (at least for mine).

3) Superman/Wonder Woman Kiss Statue (DC).

Superman is my favorite superhero. I'm old enough to have seen the first Christopher Reeve movie as a kid. I think I'm one of the few who thoroughly enjoyed "Man of Steel" and "BVS." I like the Lois Lane character, but I always liked more the idea of Clark and Diana. I loved that it was realized in the New 52, which is now no longer DC canon (oh well). Yet, this statue grabbed the romantic in me, and it took me awhile (this year) to find it at a price I was willing to pay. I loved it even more once in hand. Now, if I can just find the Batman/Catwoman Hush statue at a reasonable price.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote