Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 03-24-2017, 05:04 PM   #1511
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Sorry, but I have to disagree with some of you... Even the body doesn't look great. Same thing with dots
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:06 PM   #1512
Manu81
The Spirit

that's strange that people who actually owns the statue doesn't complaint about the quality...Can anybody who owns the statue give his/her opinion?
thankd
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:10 PM   #1513
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveL. View Post
Everyone wants a perfect rendition of their favorite props.No doubt! I completely understand that.However, I think people would be surprised at how much it really costs for a paint job like that,especially from the actual FX artists that worked on the originals!

You should try and contact a few FX studios or some of the known FX artists (Although,many may not respond) and ask them what the ballpark pricing on a paint job similar to that would be. It would most likely cost more than the price of the CC piece alone and that would just be for the paint job itself in that smaller scale.Not fullsize! Nevermind the cost of molding and fabricating a similar piece to that of the CC.

"Full-scale male T-Rex head display from Jurassic Park. (Universal, 1993) This is a full-scale male T-Rex head created from the original molds and hand-painted by the same artists responsible for designing and sculpting the original characters for Jurassic Park"
With all due respect. What you just posted is utterly unrelated to why people are not happy with the production pieces right at this moment. Do you even have this ordered and paid for????

No body is asking for perfection here, btw...
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:12 PM   #1514
KoBE
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robopredinator View Post
That is part of the problem - you should be taking this more seriously as your credibility is running on empty. Because of all the QC promises you made with the endoskeleton and what is currently unraveling before us with this Rex, your posts are seen as simply words with no substance. In fact, words like "shady" and "dodgy" are being associated with your company on other forums.

I suppose some people have not forgotten you misleading customers into believing Toynami was the manufacturer of your last product or that you simply insist that these breakout Rex's (pictured below) are on the same level of quality - where any differences lie in camera trickery or lighting. It's simply insulting. I do recall you being taken aback by the first in-hand photos by High Quality Museum (or whatever it was called). You went so far to say that DarkMummy recasted your product, took photos of a lower-quality knock-off and you were off to Toynami to find answers! Now, that other photos are confirming the same lower quality paint job, everything is fine and dandy? We are not buying it!

Clearly, one is not like the other.
I do not think the company has to respond every time some disgruntled customer calls them a name. You can't please everyone all of the time.

I say wait until the pieces arrive stateside in mass quantities before making a judgment call on the Rex.
KoBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:23 PM   #1515
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoBE View Post
I do not think the company has to respond every time some disgruntled customer calls them a name. You can't please everyone all of the time.

I say wait until the pieces arrive stateside in mass quantities before making a judgment call on the Rex.
Yeah! Because we're only interested in what you guys, Americans, receive
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:27 PM   #1516
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
I do think itd be bogus if non US countries got shoddy paint jobs.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:36 PM   #1517
KoBE
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Fair point, I meant when they arrive stateside to CC for QC
KoBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:37 PM   #1518
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoBE View Post
Fair point, I meant when they arrive stateside to CC for QC
What QC ? Are they going to repaint them all ?
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 06:01 PM   #1519
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

LOL, CC should've offered these products as unpainted model kits, same like Horizon, that way they could avoid so many layers of approval from Universal, products would be cheaper and more affordable to general audience so the earning would be maybe even bigger for them and they wouldn't have problem with unsatisfied customers
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 06:31 PM   #1520
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote