Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 11-30-2015, 03:37 PM   #21
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I love going back and reading older reviews on statues I own. It always makes me see them in a new perspective, not always good and not always bad but new. Now that I'm a forum member instead of just lurking I wanted to say excellent review on this one. I like this statue but also felt the same way about the paint and base. I almost see this as a great "entry level" piece, unfortunately it is not an entry level price LOL... I received this statue as one of the first ones I ever got, and with no point of comparison, I was thrilled. Now that my collection has grown and I have far more impressive and better produced statues, I can see the deficiencies in this one. But because of that initial "WOW" I got when I first got it, they are forgivable.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:40 AM   #22
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

JP does great reviews.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:18 PM   #23
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
JP does great reviews.
Thank you, friend.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:58 PM   #24
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I love going back and reading older reviews on statues I own. It always makes me see them in a new perspective, not always good and not always bad but new. Now that I'm a forum member instead of just lurking I wanted to say excellent review on this one. I like this statue but also felt the same way about the paint and base. I almost see this as a great "entry level" piece, unfortunately it is not an entry level price LOL... I received this statue as one of the first ones I ever got, and with no point of comparison, I was thrilled. Now that my collection has grown and I have far more impressive and better produced statues, I can see the deficiencies in this one. But because of that initial "WOW" I got when I first got it, they are forgivable.
First of all; Welcome to the forum. I hope that you can find this place a pleasant place to hang out. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. It would be my pleasure to assist you in any way possible.

Like you, I also enjoy reading old reviews. It is good to see different perspectives from our own. In some instances, older pieces hold their ground and endure the test of time. In others, they show their age and succumb to the newer stuff. In any case, it is always good to compare them and to make a clear assessment of the hobby, the trends, the improvements and the things that have changed little or have not changed at all. It is extremely informative and fun to do so.

Even though reviews are a formidable tool for collectors, they cannot replace individual taste. We all have favorites in this hobby therefore personal bias determines our conclusions. There is nothing wrong with this because we do not all think alike. We do not share the same emotions or the same feelings towards a particular thing. But what does not change, it is the special bond we develop with our first collectible piece. Call it nostalgia or love at first sight. The first piece whether good or bad, will always have a special place in our hearts. Like the first kiss or the first car, there are things in this life that cannot be easily forgotten. This hobby is and will always be, a testament of love.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:58 PM   #25
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Thanks for the warm welcome and very well put!

I think the reasons behind why people collect a certain type of statue or the reasons behind their favourites are usually just as interesting as the statues themselves. That's why forums like these are so great for people to discuss and get excited about this hobby. It doesn't always happen that way in the real world!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote