Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 11-13-2015, 09:32 PM   #11
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Great review Bmutha. Thanks for taking the time and going through the work. Makes the statue for those who have it in hand or those that are about to have it in hand that much more enjoyable.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 04:34 PM   #12
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Great review (watched the video), makes me have a new appreciation for the statue. The texturing looks like it's very well done along with the musculature. Happy you mentioned the broken justice statue, it would have killed me if you didn't.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 04:48 PM   #13
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
What he said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
Great review Bmutha. Thanks for taking the time and going through the work. Makes the statue for those who have it in hand or those that are about to have it in hand that much more enjoyable.
Thanks, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Great review (watched the video), makes me have a new appreciation for the statue. The texturing looks like it's very well done along with the musculature. Happy you mentioned the broken justice statue, it would have killed me if you didn't.
I'm no fool,

Ha ha, glad you enjoyed the review.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:19 PM   #14
Bmutha

In light of it being revealed that Sideshow did not properly reinforce the foot that is holding up the statue, I have revised the production and build quality score for this piece (and therefore the Overall score as well).
Old 02-24-2016, 08:08 PM   #15
SONICobra
Batman

i find this particularly frustrating because im one of the people constantly sticking up for sideshow but stuff like this just gives the haters more ammo, its really unfortunate

on another note I didn't notice that photo of it with the back in black spidey before, man they look fantastic together
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:13 PM   #16
Bmutha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i find this particularly frustrating because im one of the people constantly sticking up for sideshow but stuff like this just gives the haters more ammo, its really unfortunate

on another note I didn't notice that photo of it with the back in black spidey before, man they look fantastic together
I've been backing this piece since it was revealed. Several people that I know of bought this piece on my recommendation...I feel like a jackass now...I cannot make any excuses for Sideshow on this issue. It's simply cutting corners.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:59 AM   #17
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
I've been backing this piece since it was revealed. Several people that I know of bought this piece on my recommendation...I feel like a jackass now...I cannot make any excuses for Sideshow on this issue. It's simply cutting corners.
Could still be freak accidents. Plenty of other collectors DD statues are still standing tall.
I hope its not a trend with these pieces.
Agree on the production quality though.
Still, an amazing piece.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:57 PM   #18
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

[QUOTE=Bmutha;5206511]I've been backing this piece since it was revealed. Several people that I know of bought this piece on my recommendation...I feel like a jackass now...I cannot make any excuses for Sideshow on this issue. It's simply cutting corners.

Hi Bmutha:

You share your passion for statues and make informative statue reviews.Thank you, You help fellow collectors. You definitely help me in the past. Your not responsible for anything SS does. You make good statue reviews. I bought DD cause it look really good. I bragged to my friends they should get one also. Don't feel bad. Artistic wise SS did a great job. Not everyone will Share our views Structure wise.

Use Math/Statistics. Only 2/1000 statue reported with a problem. That .2% not even 1% of the statue made.
Thats a freak accident or low probability to most and in science. You and I see different. Very few care. The Statistic are too low.
Collectors work hard for their money and want a fun place to admire their Hobby.

Time will tell.

In the mean time have fun collecting. Your a good guy don't let this bring you down.
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:14 PM   #19
Smbdyfnkillme
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Adamantium Plus Member

[QUOTE=gogo13;5207152]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post

Hi Bmutha:

You share your passion for statues and make informative statue reviews.Thank you, You help fellow collectors. You definitely help me in the past. Your not responsible for anything SS does. You make good statue reviews. I bought DD cause it look really good. I bragged to my friends they should get one also. Don't feel bad. Artistic wise SS did a great job. Not everyone will Share our views Structure wise.

Use Math/Statistics. Only 2/1000 statue reported with a problem. That .2% not even 1% of the statue made.
Thats a freak accident or low probability to most and in science. You and I see different. Very few care. The Statistic are too low.
Collectors work hard for their money and want a fun place to admire their Hobby.

Time will tell.

In the mean time have fun collecting. Your a good guy don't let this bring you down.
Those statistics don't work. That would assume that everybody that bought one was on the forums or has even taken their statue out of the box yet. As an example, I bought the XM Thanos two months ago and it's still sealed in the box it came in. Not everybody has even gotten around to opening it and even if they did, they're not all on forums. I would bet anything that we'll see more breaks with the lack of support at DD's foot.
Smbdyfnkillme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 11:19 PM   #20
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

[QUOTE=Smbdyfnkillme;5209285]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo13 View Post

Those statistics don't work. That would assume that everybody that bought one was on the forums or has even taken their statue out of the box yet. As an example, I bought the XM Thanos two months ago and it's still sealed in the box it came in. Not everybody has even gotten around to opening it and even if they did, they're not all on forums. I would bet anything that we'll see more breaks with the lack of support at DD's foot.
Maybe. I bet they are in areas with earthquakes or with collectors that like to move their statues around. Not that you shouldn't be able to move a statue without breakage but...
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote