A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Lois Lane Bombshell by DC Collectibles

Lois Lane Bombshell by DC Collectibles
Designed by Ant Lucia
Sculpted by Adam Ross
Stands at approximately 10" high
Limited Edition size of 5200
RRP: $125 USD.

"Wonder Woman, I'ma let you finish, but Lois Lane is Superman's best love interest of all time, OF ALL TIME" - Kanye West, probably.

Intro
The Bombshell line has quickly become a staple in DC's growing statue offerings. These pieces have come out quickly, one after another. So quickly, in fact, that one might slip past you without noticing. I wouldn't blame you if you forgot about Lois in the slew of releases over the past 6 months. But hey, that's why I'm here right?

Sculpt. 8.5
Lois is a really fantastic sculpt by Adam Ross. This is Ross’ first sculpt for the Bombshells line, but he sure does a spectacular job. Ross manages to create a really dynamic piece while maintaining the style and attitude of the original design by Ant Lucia.

The movement in Lois’ hair is really well done, as is the intricacies and textures of her costume. Ross did a great job keeping Lois’ proportions really well tuned, especially with the lean in her body.

Paint. 7.5
The paint job here is sharp and clean. No obvious signs of sloppiness or overlapping, although there are some small smudges in places. There are also a few black spots on her face, however they’re so tiny you can’t see them unless you’re zoomed in real close on a camera (which is the only reason why I noticed them).

Strangely, despite the relatively dark colours, Lois does stand out with the rest of the line, so props to the painters for managing to keep her vibrant even with those brown pants.

Design. 9.0
I remember first seeing the Bombshell cover with Lois and immediately loving it. Little did I know we’d be so lucky to get an actual statue of it. The design here is fantastic. Ant Lucia keeps it fun and manages to blend the character traits and the 40’s pin-up style really well. The newspaper headline with Supergirl saving the day is also a really nice touch.

Production and Build Quality. 7.0
Overall, the statue is made quite well and relatively strong. There does seem to be a few delicate parts, namely the hair and the pinky finger poking out above the newspaper. The statue (like so many of DC’s recent pieces) does, however, move around quite a bit since only one foot has a peg.

The statue is also packed well in quite a big box, but it’ll keep her safe so there shouldn’t be many issues if ordered online.

Overall. 8.0
Lois is a great addition to the Bombshell line. She fits in beautifully with the retro look and her design is especially relevant to her character.

Of course, the Bombshells are continuing on: Catwoman was released a few weeks ago, with Cheetah and Killer Frost looking to come in early 2016.

Dahwaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 04:43 AM   #2
Dahwaf
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Dahwaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 02:03 PM   #3
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Great looking piece, glad it turned out well. Great review.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 04:25 PM   #4
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Thanks for the great review and beautiful pictures; I really enjoyed them!

Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 11:31 PM   #5
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Looks great! Any chance of you doing a review of the Batwoman or Joker/Harley bombshell statues?
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:09 AM   #6
SDguy

Nice review and pics. She looks really sharp! Looks great with Supergirl too.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:40 AM   #7
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

got mine as well, its beautiful, glad i got,prob the only one getting from this line
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 12:30 PM   #8
dechirico7
The Flash

Love everything about it, but the character. Never was a fan of the Superman universe.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 04:10 PM   #9
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Can't wait to get up close with this one, bought it for my daughters birthday so it won't come out until the 22nd.

My only small gripe is that I wish the newspaper featured a bombshell version of Superman rather than Supergirl. Just a personal preference though.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote