Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 04-19-2016, 10:46 PM   #11
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
TERRIBLE....
AWFUL....
THIS THREAD SHOULD BE REMOVED!!!!

Because now I want to get it!

I think my main issues with this one were the features of the face and snakes.

The real lashes and glass eyes remind me of some antique dolls.
I have a love/hate relationship with her mouth. And from far away her eyes look all black. A lighter green would have made the irises stand out more from an average distance.

As far as the snakes. They don't look too active, but on the verge of dying or dead. I think there should have been more volume and lift to them.

Still a gorgeous piece. Is there a comparison shot for size? Is it similar in scale to the Sideshow LSBs?
Are you sure? Because it sounds like there's quite a few things you don't like about it.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:11 PM   #12
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
TERRIBLE....
AWFUL....
THIS THREAD SHOULD BE REMOVED!!!!

Because now I want to get it!

I think my main issues with this one were the features of the face and snakes.

The real lashes and glass eyes remind me of some antique dolls.
I have a love/hate relationship with her mouth. And from far away her eyes look all black. A lighter green would have made the irises stand out more from an average distance.

As far as the snakes. They don't look too active, but on the verge of dying or dead. I think there should have been more volume and lift to them.

Still a gorgeous piece. Is there a comparison shot for size? Is it similar in scale to the Sideshow LSBs?
I like the dark look to the eyes...gives a sense of evil.

I only have one legendary scale bust, Galactus, and Medusa is much smaller than him. I'll try to post a shot of it next to another statue later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
Are you sure? Because it sounds like there's quite a few things you don't like about it.
She's just trying to talk herself out of getting one, lol
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:16 AM   #13
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
I am confused to.

It is really a contradiction for me, a love- hate situation.

There are aspects that i am not used to: the glass eyes and lashes. They make me stand back a bit, scare me.
I am slowly getting used to them. I have to applaud HBO for actually using them. Same with the lashes. They are just unexpected, new, something I have to get used to. Lol

The snakes throw me for a loop too. I get why they did them this way. To be a happy medium between hair and snakes. I just imagine Medusa always having a huge mane of wild snakes. But that is so typical and i can understand why they chose to go with a more hair-like shape.

Bmutha knows me. He knows nothing can escape my criticism and that I don't mean it in a mean way. Just my artistic eye looking for fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
I like the dark look to the eyes...gives a sense of evil.

I only have one legendary scale bust, Galactus, and Medusa is much smaller than him. I'll try to post a shot of it next to another statue later on.

She's just trying to talk herself out of getting one, lol
I watch too many horror movies and read too much Stephen King. All I think about are those eyes watching me!

I might give this a go. I really want to see one in person. I trust you on the eyes. They definitely do give her more of an evil vibe.

See, you know me! That definitely seems to be my motive lately...to talk myself out of pieces. And it hasn't been working.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:58 AM   #14
qz33
Rescue

Hey Bmutha you always do awesome reviews but could you maybe include the price you paid and/or at least the retail price?

Worth for the money is a point for many readers.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:15 PM   #15
Bmutha

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Hey Bmutha you always do awesome reviews but could you maybe include the price you paid and/or at least the retail price?

Worth for the money is a point for many readers.
It retails for $299 USD. I have added that to the top post.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:22 PM   #16
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
It retails for $299 USD. I have added that to the top post.
Awesome and thanks!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:43 PM   #17
Bmutha

Quote:
So she has a name! Thanks for this!

I had no idea she was a Greek demi-goddess and daughter of Hecate. Apparently, she was into some pretty dark stuff too.

Very cool! I hope they can do the flames justice when the time comes.
Yeah, she could be a hot statue...he he.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:08 PM   #18
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Normally, I absolutely hate busts that don't have shoulders and at least part of thier arms, but I actually really like this piece. It kinda reminds of Michelangelo’s sculptings that were left in an unfinished state, like "The Awakening Slave" or "The Atlas".

That looks amazing. This is tempting me to buy my very first bust! Too bad the shipping is $120. Turns a $300 piece into a $420 piece. Quite the difference. Anyone know any US retailers that carry this line? That could bring the shipping down dramatically.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 11:32 PM   #19
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
That looks amazing. This is tempting me to buy my very first bust! Too bad the shipping is $120. Turns a $300 piece into a $420 piece. Quite the difference. Anyone know any US retailers that carry this line? That could bring the shipping down dramatically.
This is my first bust as well. I really don't like them, but I'm in love with this piece.

I ordered mine from Spec Fiction. Shipping for me was only $30.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 12:38 AM   #20
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
This is my first bust as well. I really don't like them, but I'm in love with this piece.

I ordered mine from Spec Fiction. Shipping for me was only $30.
Thanks for the tip. Shipping was $51, but thats still a huge difference from $120. I went ahead and ordered one. This is just a beautiful bust and again, I don't really even like busts. And not only does this look amazing, but there have some others coming down the pipeline that look like they will be amazing as well. Might just wind up collecting a bunch of busts from this line.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote