Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 06-10-2009, 11:52 AM   #11
RogueCylon
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerFly View Post
I think there is probably some confusion here on TA's part.

I think he's referring to the batch of the exclusives with the Sterling Silver gauntlet that were stolen/lost during shipping from China. What Clay ended up doing was having the pieces remade, and I believe the replacement COAs began with the letter R. Example #R109 of 250, to designate the replacements.

EDIT: Found this in an old thread.

Hello,

I passed your question to Mr. Moore, and he said that the numbers that
were stolen were #1-200, and are considered stolen merchandise by the
FBI.
He is not certain if these stolen items had a certificate of authenticity.
The remanufactured statues have an "R-" followed by the edition number.
Hope that helps!

Take care,
Customer Service
The CS Moore Studio

Except that it's a little off, because I have #R-203, so it must have been more than 1-200.
Would the base have the R notation? I've seen some bases in the Sterling Edition under 200 without the R.
RogueCylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:41 AM   #12
risingstar
Jedi Order

No COA here either. I think very few statues come with them.
DC Direct and Gentle Giant might be among the last few to include these with their sculpts.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:13 PM   #13
1badbadger
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemanau View Post
Hi guys,

I recently picked up a nice Moore Creations, 1997 Witchblade statue, which looks like this one:

http://www.mrcollectoronline.com/ima...witchblade.jpg

The detail is fantastic. However I had one quick question that's been bugging me.

It didn't come with a certificate of authenticity. Do they normally come with one?

Also, does it devalue the statue if it doesn't have the certificate? Can one be obtained again from Moore?

I asked the seller of the item, but unfortunately he sold it on behalf of a man that died of lung cancer, so he had no idea re: a certificate.

The item looks 100% legit... but I find myself stressing over that small piece of paper!

Cheers everyone. Any help is really appreciated!
I know this thread is several years old, but I just stumbled onto it and can provide some insight on this. I worked at Moore Creations at the time and am familiar with this piece.

There were 2 versions of Witchblade...there was a "standard" version which was limited to 5,000 and the Sterling Edition which was 300 pieces. The glove was sterling silver inset with a genuine ruby and sapphire whereas the glove on the regular edition was painted silver as were the gemstones.

The Sterling Edition statues came with a certificate of authenticity, but the regular edition did not.

The situation with the stolen statues was a pretty big deal and caused a number of issues. This did not affect the regular edition...all of the pieces that were stolen were Sterling Edition statues. They had been shipped from the factory in China to Los Angeles with a batch of regular edition statues, cleared customs and loaded on a truck with other freight and were to be delivered to our office in Austin, TX. The truck DID arrive at our office and off-loaded several pallets of the regular edition Witchblade which we were expecting, but we had been told that the Sterling Edition were going to be delivered several days later. The shipping company was able to get everything on the same truck, but didn't inform us. Because of this, there was a separate bill of lading for the Sterling Edition statues, so when we received the shipment we got exactly what the paperwork showed. The pallet with the Sterling Edition boxes had been hidden behind other freight that was being delivered elsewhere, so it wasn't visible and the driver took off with it. Several days later when the Sterling Editions didn't arrive as expected we placed a call to the factory in China (they were responsible for arranging delivery) and they began the process of tracking the shipment. When they had a hard time getting answers from the trucking company, we knew there was a problem. I'm almost positive that all 300 had been pre-sold and the money had been collected so we needed those statues.

After contacting the police and filing a report a private investigator was hired to track down who stole them and recover them. It was proven pretty quickly that the truck driver was involved, and he was working with a fence who flipped them a few days after they left Austin. They started showing up at comic book stores and other collectible shops, but they did not have the CoA...this was designed and printed locally and was signed by Clay Moore then added to the package before it was shipped to the customer.

One of the issues is that this was a limited run of 300 pieces, and once an edition was sold out, no more were made. In fact, when the last statue of an edition was made we would break the mold so there COULDN'T be any more made. We were recovering the stolen Witchblades, but it was one here, one there, and it was obvious that not only was it going to take a long time, but we weren't going to find all of them. Decisions had to be made on how to handle this. We wanted to take care of everyone who had paid for a special version, but couldn't disregard the whole concept of a numbered, limited edition item. Because the mold for both versions was the same and the regular version was still being produced, it hadn't been broken so it was possible to make more, and we knew exactly which numbers were still missing, so the decision was made to reproduce only those that had not been found and alter the designation slightly to differentiate it from the missing ones so there are no duplicate numbers. These have an "R" in front of the edition number on the bottom of the statue and on the CoA. So there are only 300 with CoAs. A Sterling Edition with no CoA is most likely one of the stolen pieces, and again the regular version did not come with a CoA.

Hope this helps!
1badbadger is offline   Reply With Quote