Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 06-28-2021, 01:16 AM   #321
senseimaki
The Herculoids

123 left on the TH website. I guess preorders for the EX are coming to a slow halt. Hey, but that still means that they sold a bunch of EX’s.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 10:12 AM   #322
AC_808
Hercules

I can only assume that pricing had something to do with the slower sell out. It may not be the only reason, but I bet it was a part of it ...at least.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 10:19 AM   #323
SDguy

Not sure why we always equate sellout time with success or failure of a piece. Sure, if it's ANOTHER Batman, maybe, but where else are you finding a 1/6 John Stewart GL? Why should TH leave money on the table by not making enough pieces for collectors, who for whatever reason didn't participate in Day 1 PO, to still buy him?

Sure, stock in a warehouse is tied up money, I get that, but there is probably an easy cost benefit calculation to be done there.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 10:26 AM   #324
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

well if more than 320 exclusives have already been ordered I think that is a great sign. Since this piece is limited to 450 exclusive pieces hopefully that goal will be fulfilled. Still, even if the exclusive ends up getting capped at a lower exclusive number I do think that would still be considered a success. I do wonder how many of the regular pieces have been ordered so far.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 08:34 PM   #325
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Not sure why we always equate sellout time with success or failure of a piece. Sure, if it's ANOTHER Batman, maybe, but where else are you finding a 1/6 John Stewart GL? Why should TH leave money on the table by not making enough pieces for collectors, who for whatever reason didn't participate in Day 1 PO, to still buy him?

Sure, stock in a warehouse is tied up money, I get that, but there is probably an easy cost benefit calculation to be done there.
No one was equating sellout time to success or failure. I didn't use the words success or failure, at all. I don't think anyone even said they should've kept the ES smaller. I surely didn't.

All I notice is that John Stewart GL is selling slower than say, the Superman 2.0 EX MAQ. And all I'm saying is the price could be a factor to that.
Old 06-28-2021, 09:22 PM   #326
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
No one was equating sellout time to success or failure. I didn't use the words success or failure, at all. I don't think anyone even said they should've kept the ES smaller. I surely didn't.

All I notice is that John Stewart GL is selling slower than say, the Superman 2.0 EX MAQ. And all I'm saying is the price could be a factor to that.
It wasn't directed at you in particular, which is why I didn't quote you

But it did get me thinking, and yes, people equate it all the time, regardless of the exact terminology they use...

I don't disagree with anything you said, no worries .
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 01:14 AM   #327
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
It wasn't directed at you in particular, which is why I didn't quote you

But it did get me thinking, and yes, people equate it all the time, regardless of the exact terminology they use...

I don't disagree with anything you said, no worries .
Oh ...alrighty then ...carry on.
Old 06-29-2021, 10:20 AM   #328
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
well if more than 320 exclusives have already been ordered I think that is a great sign.
Especially when remembering that Chad couldn't move 250 of previous exclusives. I have to imagine sticking them on Sideshow's site gets them moving quicker. Never made sense to me that the first Joker exclusive wasn't an instant sellout. Now this John Stewart EX has surpassed sales of that Joker EX at this price point? Wow.

No problem selling the newer Joker EX, either. Things seem to be going much better for TH.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 10:27 AM   #329
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I agree Brandon-hopefully with the uptick in selling means that within the next 12 months that we will see a few more B and maybe even C level characters.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 04:36 PM   #330
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Especially when remembering that Chad couldn't move 250 of previous exclusives. I have to imagine sticking them on Sideshow's site gets them moving quicker. Never made sense to me that the first Joker exclusive wasn't an instant sellout. Now this John Stewart EX has surpassed sales of that Joker EX at this price point? Wow.

No problem selling the newer Joker EX, either. Things seem to be going much better for TH.
Tweeterhead wasn't as well known at that point and that Joker is a huge part of it. Don't think any Superpowers had shipped by the time it PO'd, either. They've put out like 25 comic statues since then and really expanded the fanbase.

I certainly didn't know until it was far too late to grab one.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote