Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 12-26-2022, 01:33 PM   #101
AC_808
Hercules

HaHa ...dems the break sometimes. I didn't even bother watching that game.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 01:06 AM   #102
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I. F*#ckin. Hate. Kirk. Cousins.
He is the fraud. Always has been. Always will be. How ya like that?!

Come on Lions. You can do it!!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 12:34 AM   #103
Augen
The Hulk

Unhappy

Scary scenes in Cincinnati as a Buffalo player collapsed suddenly in the field. Heart stopped and had to be taken to University of Cincinnati hospital. Match was suspended. I don't know how this all works, but I hope he is okay.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 12:46 AM   #104
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Scary scenes in Cincinnati as a Buffalo player collapsed suddenly in the field. Heart stopped and had to be taken to University of Cincinnati hospital. Match was suspended. I don't know how this all works, but I hope he is okay.
Lots of young healthy people having this happen.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 04:26 AM   #105
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I. F*#ckin. Hate. Kirk. Cousins.
He is the fraud. Always has been. Always will be. How ya like that?!

Come on Lions. You can do it!!
How the f*ck did the Vikes win 12 games? The Lions need to beat the Packers in Lambeau and have the Seahawks lose to the Rams, both aren't that likely, but at least they still have a chance in the final weekend, I usually can't say that

Quote:
Scary scenes in Cincinnati as a Buffalo player collapsed suddenly in the field.
Crazy scene...I don't recall hearing a full stadium that silent mid-game...hopefully we get some good news later.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 04:39 AM   #106
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Yeah, that was scary. Hate seeing that happen. It definitely was odd to see a full stadium so silent.

Same here. I hope Damar Hamlin makes a full recovery.
Old 01-03-2023, 04:49 AM   #107
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
How the f*ck did the Vikes win 12 games? The Lions need to beat the Packers in Lambeau and have the Seahawks lose to the Rams, both aren't that likely, but at least they still have a chance in the final weekend, I usually can't say that

Crazy scene...I don't recall hearing a full stadium that silent mid-game...hopefully we get some good news later.

Man, I'm rooting for the Lions. And I'm hoping the Packers don't make it. Unlikely or not.

That stadium had a sold out crowd as well ... And it was silent. So erie.
Old 01-03-2023, 11:48 AM   #108
Demona
Martian Manhunter

The Hamlin injury could literally happen to anybody, it is that fluke. If you get hit hard in the chest at just the right time, your heart could stop too. Plus side, they were quick to start CPR and the AED was able to find a rhythm to actually activate and shock him.

I heard a cardiologist on the radio saying him standing up was normal and that it takes 3-4 seconds for the brain to run out of oxygen during cardiac arrest. That is why he was able to stand before he passed out. I was more stunned at not knowing that is how quickly our bodies expend/process oxygen. I always knew CPR was vital, but this put a whole new take on it for me.

I hope he recovers. Science and a healthy, young body bode well for him. Sending positive vibes out to him and his family. His poor mother must be beside herself.

Sidenote: Diggs is a class act. I don't care what anybody says, I liked him as a Viking and I like him as a Bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
We won games off flukes, not quitting, implosions of other teams, and sometimes actually being good Problem is, never know which team is going to show up.

Other problem is, Kirk Cousins is trash and can't handle pressure. Somebody needs to remind him that playoffs are all pressure and he needs to do better. He is so bad under pressure he damned near screwed up his own gender reveal party....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Man, I'm rooting for the Lions. And I'm hoping the Packers don't make it. Unlikely or not.
All of this. Can't help but like these Lions and I would love to see/hear a postseason Dan Campbell.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 03:29 PM   #109
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Demona has a crush on Kirk Cousins.

That was wild to see last night...seen some serious injuries, but never CPR on the field. Hoping for the best for Hamilin.

Go Hawks!
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 05:23 PM   #110
BurningRage
Inhumans

Hoping my Giants play the Voidkings in the playoffs.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote