Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 05-18-2023, 10:00 AM   #131
DSTZach
Distributor

There are female characters planned. One is an X-Man. Cyclops has been discussed!
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 09:26 AM   #132
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post
There are female characters planned. One is an X-Man. Cyclops has been discussed!
I mean the 1 female X-men character has to be Storm you would think based on previous discussions here. And I would think mohawk version. Personally I don't want that version and it wouldn't fit with the other X-men so far released, but I'd be happy for others who want mohawk Storm. Outside of mohawk Storm, I would think 90s Storm, Jean Grey, and Rogue would all have too much hair like you originally said Zach, so a mold would be pricey.

But I would add that while certain characters may be pricier to make because of hair molds, I would think DST would weigh the costs vs. profits margin which I'm sure they already do. 90s Storm, Jean Grey and Rogue I think would be all very popular sales for the company.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 10:55 AM   #133
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:

Cyclops, do want!

Sideshow put out a teaser for their Cyclops Legendary Scale Bust many years ago and never released it. I loved their costume choice, too. The Utopia costume is one of my favorites for him and I was glad they chose that over the Jim Lee costume. I was bummed it never came out.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 12:09 PM   #134
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I would take that or an Astonishing Cyclops any day
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 12:26 PM   #135
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
I mean the 1 female X-men character has to be Storm you would think based on previous discussions here. And I would think mohawk version. Personally I don't want that version and it wouldn't fit with the other X-men so far released, but I'd be happy for others who want mohawk Storm. Outside of mohawk Storm, I would think 90s Storm, Jean Grey, and Rogue would all have too much hair like you originally said Zach, so a mold would be pricey.

But I would add that while certain characters may be pricier to make because of hair molds, I would think DST would weigh the costs vs. profits margin which I'm sure they already do. 90s Storm, Jean Grey and Rogue I think would be all very popular sales for the company.
If it’s Mohawk Storm I hope it’s the original Punk Rock and not the modern Mohawk because I’d hate to skip one of my favorite characters.

I’d be down for one of the X-Men Red looks and hair though. They would have to cut the hair off on the back though, but it’s a bust, busts are supposed to cut off

But certain characters sell statues very well. They aren’t as overall popular but don’t underestimate the power of Psylocke, Emma and Mystique to sell statues. Currently Emma and Mystique are the only 2 mutant women who have a 1/2 scale bust at all.
Old 11-08-2023, 08:31 AM   #136
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Cyclops!

Old 11-08-2023, 12:21 PM   #137
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Looks nice! Is the "steam" optional? Perhaps via magnets.
I ask because that look is getting really cliche. There are plenty of people who'd just like a stoic looking Cyclops who is planning to attack, but hasn't done it yet.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 02:13 PM   #138
Mister H
Gen 13

His face looks to have a Ron Lim influence to it.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 04:24 PM   #139
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
His face looks to have a Ron Lim influence to it.
Also known as "big jaw". : )
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 10:27 PM   #140
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Looks nice! Is the "steam" optional? Perhaps via magnets.
I ask because that look is getting really cliche. There are plenty of people who'd just like a stoic looking Cyclops who is planning to attack, but hasn't done it yet.
Good question. I’d prefer no steam as well. Or smoke is it? Because it’s common knowledge his beams emit no heat. So I never got the logic of the effect (comic book logic, lol) to begin with. I guess 80s/90s artists like Jim Lee thought the effect looked cool despite there being no real reason for it, I don’t remember it being in older comics but I could be wrong.