Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 06-03-2023, 02:33 PM   #81
SDguy

Painted up I actually really love both portraits, even liking the closed mouth one more than I expected to.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 03:03 PM   #82
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

The eyes look really cool.

I love the Creature from the Black Lagoon, so I'll probably get this one, but really want to see how the rest pan out. So many possibilities!
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 03:38 PM   #83
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

This piece looks amazing, especially with the open mouth portrait. That portrait is absolutely sick as hell.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 03:45 PM   #84
SONICobra
Batman

Crazy awesome piece, the detail is off the charts
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 07:02 AM   #85
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
We teased Medusa and Wolfman at Power-Con last year. Not sure if the slide from the panel got posted online somewhere, I felt like it was.
Gillman looks mindblowing. I think I need to get onto this line. Can't wait to see Medusa!!! Wish there was more coming from Greek Mythology. Some goddesses/gods/heroes maybe?
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 01:32 PM   #86
Blade3327
Nightwing

The paint details on Gillman are incredible, seems like this line will have a more lifelike aesthetic than their DC and MOTU stuff. I hope the price won't be too high.

And that base is phenomenal. I love the way the python was sculpted, the way the flesh is squashed and hangs out on the sides of the log... perfect.

I'm especially impressed with how Tweeterhead's handling water. Whether it's the fluorescent cartoon water on the Mer-Man base or the darker swamp water here, they've been pulling off really believable water effects without using translucent resin. Just smart painting and sculpting that demonstrates a deep (no pun intended) understanding of water physics.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 10:20 PM   #87
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

This piece is slowly growing on me.
Would be cool to see a badass werewolf from Tweeterhead. One with a long snout, not a short bear snout werewolf. One of my favorite designs was William the OG Werewolf from Underworld 2.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 10:51 PM   #88
Buttmunch
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Would be cool to see a badass werewolf from Tweeterhead. One with a long snout, not a short bear snout werewolf. One of my favorite designs was William the OG Werewolf from Underworld 2.
Igo has said a Wolfman and Medusa are in the works so you may just get what you?re hoping for! Based on this Gillman I would think they?d go more towards that Underworld lycan route than Lon Chaney Jr Wolfman.
Buttmunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 11:24 PM   #89
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
So I just looked that up, and I agree with you, that style looks better, however, maybe do 2 portraits, one with a longer snout & one shorter, also curious about Medusa, my first Medusa is from Clash of the Titans, and of course I love it, but If you read her stories history, some artist started drawing her as beautiful, while still being scary with the snakes in her head, so I'd really love it if she had 2 head sculpts as well, I'd like to know what Mr Igo thinks about these characters and their possible designs
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 01:57 AM   #90
Peedi
The Secret Six

I stick with Marvel, Batman and a few video game statues but this Gillman is VERY tempting.

I really don’t need to be sucked into another line but this is doing it for me. A line up of Gillman, Wolfman, Dracula, the Mummy and Frankenstein would be awesome.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote