Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-17-2022, 12:17 PM   #41
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I agree, they will still have their hype videos to build the excitement and impression of exclusivity/superiority
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 03:09 PM   #42
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Anyone else get the feeling JND is busy trying to clean up the "broken head" Catwoman mess.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 03:10 PM   #43
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
I agree, they will still have their hype videos to build the excitement and impression of exclusivity/superiority
I do look forward to seeing their next videos where they talk about how awesome they are, how they've cured cancer, how honored you should be to own their product, blah, blah, blah . . .
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 04:54 PM   #44
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Anyone else get the feeling JND is busy trying to clean up the "broken head" Catwoman mess.
Oh yeah, that's true - that's going to occupy some manpower that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
I do look forward to seeing their next videos where they talk about how awesome they are, how they've cured cancer, how honored you should be to own their product, blah, blah, blah . . .
.....blah, blah, blah - and then the price - I'll be wearing my metal underwear for that video.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 05:35 PM   #45
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post

They're certainly the best at convincing us that they're perfect.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 05:39 PM   #46
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post

They're certainly the best at convincing us that they're perfect.
To be fair - the bar is quite low when it comes to statue companies in general. JND delivering on the prototype, and delivering on time shouldn't be congratulated as something special....and yet....
Old 09-17-2022, 05:52 PM   #47
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
To be fair - the bar is quite low when it comes to statue companies in general. JND delivering on the prototype, and delivering on time shouldn't be congratulated as something special....and yet....
I don't disagree.

But they've only been able to maintain their scheduling, because they produce so few pieces.
Old 09-18-2022, 02:15 AM   #48
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I don't disagree.

But they've only been able to maintain their scheduling, because they produce so few pieces.
Oh totally!

But, in my opinion, this is what everyone should be doing.

Companies like P1 and Queen - with hundreds of reveals, and thousands of outstanding pre-orders should not be the norm.

I see a JND release, and (as of today) - I trust these guys to be there like a Japanese train! When P1 or QUEEN "release" a piece - I tend to think, oh, nice.....grab a coffee and let's wait and see. It's terrible really.
Old 09-18-2022, 02:40 AM   #49
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Oh totally!

But, in my opinion, this is what everyone should be doing.

Companies like P1 and Queen - with hundreds of reveals, and thousands of outstanding pre-orders should not be the norm.

I see a JND release, and (as of today) - I trust these guys to be there like a Japanese train! When P1 or QUEEN "release" a piece - I tend to think, oh, nice.....grab a coffee and let's wait and see. It's terrible really.
For their silicone busts Queen has been terrible with their schedules but for their non silicone busts and their 1/4 scale pieces, they haven’t been all that late with their scheduling. Many have come within their 3 month delivery window and now others are coming in sooner than expected.

1/4 Black Widow and the 1/2 scale Cap are well on schedule, and are expected to be shipped at the start of their quarters delivery windows, whereas the 1/4 scale Cap is probably going to be more than 6 months early for their first batches.

Though it seems the retailers such as Sugo and Spec are now getting us to pay 2-3 months prior in order to secure the first batches. I’m guessing that Queen is spreading out their allocations now, rather than just by region.
Old 09-19-2022, 05:23 PM   #50
redbloodedboy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Looks like the announcement for pre sale is coming very soon based on the video JND posted yesterday!
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote