Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-14-2023, 02:57 AM   #491
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
These photos really show the piece off! Great work to the photographer.

I think the likeness is bang on the money - better than the life size busts (imo) - looking forward to adding this to the collection.
I still think Infinity’s original prototype was one of the best things I’d ever seen……... whereas the production piece, it dropped enough that I didn’t regret getting Queens.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 03:32 AM   #492
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
These photos really show the piece off! Great work to the photographer.

I think the likeness is bang on the money - better than the life size busts (imo) - looking forward to adding this to the collection.
Both busts have a far better likeness I think. These new pics actually don't look that good(photo quality or showing off likeness)
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 03:33 AM   #493
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I still think Infinity?s original prototype was one of the best things I?d ever seen??... whereas the production piece, it dropped enough that I didn?t regret getting Queens.
That thing cost $50K from a master artist so it would have been a miracle to pull off in production. I agree the Queen ended up slightly edging it out in hand.
Old 01-14-2023, 05:02 AM   #494
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I still think Infinity?s original prototype was one of the best things I?d ever seen??... whereas the production piece, it dropped enough that I didn?t regret getting Queens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Both busts have a far better likeness I think. These new pics actually don't look that good(photo quality or showing off likeness)
I mean, who are we kidding here, if you have any of the above in your collection, you're pretty much set as far as Gal Gadot is concerned.

I'm always going to be biased against busts, as I'm not a bust collector. I also believe that the closer you get to 1:1 the more any slight "off-ness" is exacerbated....that said, when they get a bust right, my God, it's really right!

Anyway, I'm happy with this WW. It'll probably be the last statue I buy of Gal Gadot - at least as WW
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 07:31 AM   #495
comicart.man
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonk22 View Post
Pics from exhibition:

Thanks for the photos!

This is the best Gal Gadot WW statue IMHO.

I can't wait to get mine to put it next to my JND WW84 statue!
comicart.man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 11:26 AM   #496
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Looks fantastic.
After Harleys bat... hopefully the weight of the shield won't be an issue.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 01:13 PM   #497
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Wow this looks unbelieveable. How much does this go for?
Westhelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 01:35 PM   #498
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
I mean, who are we kidding here, if you have any of the above in your collection, you're pretty much set as far as Gal Gadot is concerned.

I'm always going to be biased against busts, as I'm not a bust collector. I also believe that the closer you get to 1:1 the more any slight "off-ness" is exacerbated....that said, when they get a bust right, my God, it's really right!

Anyway, I'm happy with this WW. It'll probably be the last statue I buy of Gal Gadot - at least as WW
I have the Queen bust and the 1/2 P1. I also have this JND on order to possibly replace the 1/2, but with these new pics I am not sure. Likeness is better, but not sure double the price better and much smaller too. I would also have to get Sups and Bats in 1/3 then to replace my other 1/2s and not completely sold on Superman either.
Old 01-14-2023, 01:51 PM   #499
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I have the Queen bust and the 1/2 P1. I also have this JND on order to possibly replace the 1/2, but with these new pics I am not sure. Likeness is better, but not sure double the price better and much smaller too. I would also have to get Sups and Bats in 1/3 then to replace my other 1/2s and not completely sold on Superman either.
Didn't Queen Studios state they are planning to do the JL triumvirate in 1/2 scale. Maybe it makes more sense to wait for that.

At these prices (JND prices) - not being 100% committed could be financially painful, and simply selling them afterwards (at least for the original retail price) - in the current climate - might not be so easy.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 01:57 PM   #500
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Didn't Queen Studios state they are planning to do the JL triumvirate in 1/2 scale. Maybe it makes more sense to wait for that.

At these prices (JND prices) - not being 100% committed could be financially painful, and simply selling them afterwards (at least for the original retail price) - in the current climate - might not be so easy.
They said it years ago, but here we are. I have their Aquaman in 1/2, but no sign of them doing any others so can't count on them at this point.