Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 09-25-2005, 09:58 AM   #1
Wayne Foundation
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Question Marvel Universe Scale Question

Hi guys. Does anyone know when DST changed the scale of their Marvel Universe busts?

I recently picked up a Blade (the first one they did) and he is noticably smaller than all the others I have. I'm having to display him with my Bowens because he looks like a child next to all the other DST pieces.

I'd like to pick up some other older pieces (Elektra, Black Widow, etc.)...but not if they are the smaller scale.

As always, thanks for any help on this.
Wayne Foundation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 10:47 AM   #2
wellwisher
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Dude, I don't think DST ever even thought about what scale they were doing. The busts are all over the pace, from a tiny Ultimate Thor to a HUGE Jean Grey (the one that looks like Reba Macentire).

DST seems to never have had a real plan, just copy what ever character that Bowen is doing.
wellwisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 10:54 AM   #3
carrillj
What's another word for Thesaurus?

DST never got the scale right on their busts. Blade was very small, Punisher was huge, and those were the first few busts that were released in the line. That was the reason I quit collecting them.
carrillj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 03:49 PM   #4
Wayne Foundation
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Thanks guys. I realize DST has had scale issues, but all of mine were all about the same size...until the Blade.

I wonder if the intial small scale of Blade interfered with Bowen's contracted scale? I also have the DST Daredevil (another of their first offerings) and that scale seems to be OK (larger).
Wayne Foundation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 06:36 PM   #5
valemeister
Cranky Octopus

Yeah, Elektra and Black Widow are both more like the size of the Mystique and Wolverine Origin bust. On the smaller side.

On a side note, while the Elektra is a lovely bust, the Black Widow has an odd paint job. She looks like a guy in drag.
valemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:10 PM   #6
wellwisher

It's my feeling that the DST "collection" as a whole is not really worthy of Marvel (though a few pieces have some merit).

I think where DST went wrong was not duplicating the smaller BD scale and style. Once they muscled in for a license, they really didn't know what to do with it. Seems strange......after BD was out for the 1st time, one would think that DST would have copied what was already working. Anyway, it's my opinion that DST should have remained a distributor and not a maker of busts/statues. There's a conflict of interest here for sure.
wellwisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 09:19 PM   #7
Haste05
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

DST has not been copying every character Bowen makes. I see that you like Bowen more, most people do, but that doesnt mean you have to make up stuff like DS copying everything Bowen does.
Haste05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 12:46 PM   #8
Jack8022
Daredevil

It's the scale that throws me off the DS line. Alot of the pieces just look out of place compared to the BD's that make up the majority of my collection. I used to think their pieces were very hit or miss but they've gotten alot better over the last year or so.
Jack8022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 06:26 AM   #9
Dj-B13
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Yea, the DST line for the Marvel Universe bust is really out of order as in scale wise.

I sold my Marvel Universe busts that i had to just recently.
Dj-B13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 04:06 PM   #10
Guts

Most of my DS busts are gigantic, especially the newer Marvel Universe ones. For the most part, they suck compared to Bowen, really. The Rogue's Gallery line is nice though.
Guts is offline   Reply With Quote