Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-26-2024, 08:43 AM   #151
Spideristic
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Hmm... I believe the last two official releases I acquired was the Tweeterhead Joker and Harley. Those two were excellent. Love them. I believe I acquired those just a few months ago.
Nice. That's good to know.

Quote:
The harsh reality is that licensed pieces need to go through an approval process which means artists may feel compelled to present something safe because if a daring-looking creative project is rejected, that is time lost on the duration of the license because they have to do touch ups and present something that looks more safe, all of which likely has a negative impact on the eventual bottom line, which costs money.

The main reason why customs exists is because they provide something the licensed companies do not. Plain and simple. It's not like customs are cheaper.
Well said.

When Tweeterhead got the ThunderCats license, due to the some licensing hiccup, they had to wait 3 years before they could proceed with the product announcement.

The playing safe is kinda double edged. If statue companies stray from it, they might get into trouble with approvals and when they continue with it, collectors won't warm to it for not being unique and creative enough. But if they don't keep pushing with what fans want, they will lose out eventually as collectors would have moved on elsewhere, as this thread is the witness.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 11:44 AM   #152
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
This just arrived in the mail. My first statue with this group. And it's not bad at all. But there are a couple of errors that need to be fixed before I can really review it/them fairly.

She came out really pretty... they should do a Selene black queen. And not a Cho cankles version
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 11:54 AM   #153
nearmint
Phoenix

Not in-hand yet. Ships later this year. This is a production sample.

nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 12:00 PM   #154
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Who made that Batman? That’s beautiful.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 12:08 PM   #155
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Who made that Batman? That?s beautiful.
I don't know if board rules allow me to say.
Old 04-26-2024, 12:08 PM   #156
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Who made that Batman? That’s beautiful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
PM's are pretty awesome.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 12:20 PM   #157
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

@risingstar
You have really beautiful statues. The angry portrait of Mystique is powerful.

Quote:
A display shelf. Bring on the Bad Guys!

I own the Dark Phoenix and know how high it is. The statue seems kind of small on this shelf. Wow.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 02:48 PM   #158
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Not in-hand yet. Ships later this year. This is a production sample.
Quote:

I saw it at Unboxing Bro. I know who the artist/sculptor is for this statue, not Karlpox. They also have a Ross Superman as well.

Very tempted but I had no trust to deal with this company. It is virtually unknown to me.

I am glad you have ordered it. Hope everything works out fine for you. Can't wait to see your video review.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 02:55 PM   #159
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
I saw it at Unboxing Bro. I know who the artist/sculptor is for this statue, not Karlpox. They also have a Ross Superman as well.

Very tempted but I had no trust to deal with this company. It is virtually unknown to me.

I am glad you have ordered it. Hope everything works out fine for you. Can't wait to see your video review.
Thanks. I have the Ross Superman, and there was a hiccup with production. There's also a Kingdom Come version of the Superman available, which, of course, has gray hair at the temples. The factory, for reasons unknown, painted one portrait with gray at the temples, and one not, for all the statues, both classic and KC buyers. So all the classic Supes customers have a portrait with gray hair at the temples, which doesn't make sense, and all the KC customers have a portrait with all back hair, which also doesn't make sense. The company hasn't yet figured out how to rectify the situation.
Old 04-26-2024, 02:56 PM   #160
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post

From what i can tell, they offer pieces based on existing pieces.
Atleast that's the impression i got when i once questioned them on a particular piece.
Their reply implied, they were offering something close to the original. They did not use the word 're_cast'.
I will not mention their name here, as it is against form rules.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote