Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-13-2017, 12:20 PM   #371
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
Wow...good catch! I can't believe the marketing team used the same Iron Man image on both posters.

What a bunch of lazy bastards!
Jeez, totally agree. I guess Marvel had to save some money somewhere.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:52 PM   #372
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I really wish they would've just called this film 'Marvel Team Up: Spider-Man and Iron Man.' It could've ushered in a new type of MCU "Team Up" film format paying homage to the classic series of the same name. Imagine the possibilities.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:12 PM   #373
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

I really feel like this is more of a iron Man movie that introduces Spidey on the side.
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:40 PM   #374
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I really wish they would've just called this film 'Marvel Team Up: Spider-Man and Iron Man.' It could've ushered in a new type of MCU "Team Up" film format paying homage to the classic series of the same name. Imagine the possibilities.

JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:23 PM   #375
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
I really wish they would've just called this film 'Marvel Team Up: Spider-Man and Iron Man. It could've ushered in a new type of MCU "Team Up" film format paying homage to the classic series of the same name. Imagine the possibilities.
I love that idea!! Do we really think that this is a full on Team-Up movie though?? It seems like that might be the case, but I'm not really convinced about that. TS has the mentor role obviously, and IM helps Spidey out in that scene with the boat, but other than that I would imagine/hope that Spidey handles The Vulture all by himself. I'm sure TS will come back at the end and tell Peter that he did great and he's learned his lesson blah blah blah.

There will be more than enough TS/IM without actually going down the full Team-Up route IMO. It would be a mistake for Spider-Man to have too much help or for IM or any other hero to have too big of a presence in this film. I think Marvel just wants to cover their bases by putting RDJ front and center for marketing purposes. The last SM film didn't as great as hoped so Marvel want to get as much exposure as they can, and RDJ brings that. IMO they don't need it, but film studios want as much of a sure thing as they can get.

We'll know soon enough I guess.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:59 PM   #376
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I too doubt it'll be a full blown team-up, but it's a concept I liked in the comics and I could certainly get behind it on film as well. I'd be much more accepting of TS/IM in this had they gone that route then followed this up with a true solo Spider-Man film. Team-ups would also be a great way to introduce new characters into the MCU and pair up existing heroes for some unique adventures. It would certainly mix things up a bit in terms of format and be a welcome departure from what is becoming a tired formula with the Marvel films.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:56 PM   #377
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:

That would have been a very cool idea, and nod to some of the best comics that came out back in the day...loved the Marvel Team-Up format!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 10:14 PM   #378
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
I really feel like this is more of a iron Man movie that introduces Spidey on the side.
I doubt Iron Man will in this movie much... sure in the beginning as this film takes off where Civil War ended, and then yeah probably in the middle of the film when he takes his suit and then probably at the end to pat Spidey on the back and give him the suit back. I doubt he will be in the movie for more then maybe 20 mins tops...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:28 AM   #379
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Team-ups would also be a great way to introduce new characters into the MCU and pair up existing heroes for some unique adventures. It would certainly mix things up a bit in terms of format and be a welcome departure from what is becoming a tired formula with the Marvel films.

I really do believe this is a very very good idea. I hope it happens, sooner than later. It would also buy the studio some more time with actors who don't want to commit to many more appearances in their respective franchises. It would also be a great and less risky way to introduce new characters,, as you mentioned. Team them up with an established character and if the new character is well received launch them into their own film.

It seems like a no-brainer, which usually means it won't happen.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:50 AM   #380
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
It would certainly mix things up a bit in terms of format and be a welcome departure from what is becoming a tired formula with the Marvel films.
Tired formula? It's certainly not showing at the box office.

A majority of the audience appears to be enjoying Marvel's handing of each film at the moment.

I'm all for mixing things up but also let's not fix what is not broken.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote