Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-24-2024, 09:41 PM   #601
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Looks like I'll have to be contempt with the small wall art CH. Anyone getting the full statue will probably be displaying it with the mask on I'm betting. If they paint the Berserker like this, I'll be canceling.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 12:31 AM   #602
benkonig
Fantastic Four

I think it's 2 different factories that paint the bust and the complete statue, as for the jungle bust, you can see the heads with their mouths closed and dark paint added on the sides of the mouth, which you can't see on the heads of the statue..
benkonig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 01:15 AM   #603
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Looks like I'll have to be contempt with the small wall art CH. Anyone getting the full statue will probably be displaying it with the mask on I'm betting. If they paint the Berserker like this, I'll be canceling.
I think we need more pics of the full statue heads before fully judging. The bust seems like it will be a flop. Like JD said, the paint lacks a lot of depth.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 05:39 AM   #604
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benkonig View Post
I think it's 2 different factories that paint the bust and the complete statue, as for the jungle bust, you can see the heads with their mouths closed and dark paint added on the sides of the mouth, which you can't see on the heads of the statue..
Ok well that would be better news if the full statue heads are painted more like the prototype, rather than this bust. The factory responsible for doing the bust should not be used anymore by Prime 1. Ultimately though, Prime 1 was ok with the job they did, so that's not reassuring.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 10:06 AM   #605
Halcyon
Loki

The Prime1 JH prototype was also fully airbrushed (see prime promo video) and the factory production executed with decal patterns at head (and body) sealed by gloss. City hunter promo and production obvious will have the same difference in treatment.

They could have used smaller areas of the brown like the promo picture JD posted.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 12:18 PM   #606
benkonig
Fantastic Four

received today the bust, small break also in the same place 1 hair and 2 others folded ....

Old 03-25-2024, 12:27 PM   #607
MarsHunterPRDTR
Doh!

I'm having thoughts of canceling my Waitlist for the bust after seeing the comparison of the paintjob between the prototype and the bust

I'm bummed about the bust's poor paintjob since it's my favorite head among the three unmask heads. The roaring head is amazing as well. As for the open mandible head, I'm not feeling it at all.

I will wait for photos and videos of the full 1:3 scale statue before I make my final decision.
MarsHunterPRDTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 12:44 PM   #608
MarsHunterPRDTR
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benkonig View Post
received today the bust, small break also in the same place 1 hair and 2 others folded ....

Looks awesome side by side with the Jungle Hunter! Sorry to hear that your quails also arrived broken.
MarsHunterPRDTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 12:49 PM   #609
benkonig
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsHunterPRDTR View Post
Looks awesome side by side with the Jungle Hunter! Sorry to hear that your quails also arrived broken.

It's not particularly visible, for the bust I'm waiting for the complete statue to put the wide-open mouth on it, which I think will be better done in paint.

I love the closed mouth on the jungle, but I love the wide open mouth on the city hunter.
Old 03-25-2024, 04:31 PM   #610
Jungle Demon
Hydra

City Hunter looks better with open mouth. It’s his best look
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote