Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-27-2017, 05:48 AM   #601
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoid18 View Post
Sooo FedEx just gave me a belated X-Mas present. A bill for my Lex Luthor PF that essentially costs the same amount as my Prime 1 TDKR Batman. Batman came in 2 boxes and were heavy as hell. I’m honestly sick and tired of this inconsistent garbage...

Perfect timing too.

VS or CJ, can you PM me your template for filing a dispute if you guys don’t mine?
Sent me a PM with your email and I'll give you a hand. File is too big to OM.

I have 1 dozen statues to file and get money back. This whole process is a pain. I really wish CBSA would just give me a damn letter explaining the reikbursemt. So I can give it back to ssc. This whole wrong HS code need to stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
Any Canadians getting Thanos NEED to be aware how to file the paperwork. VS was super helpful sending me the template, and you take a little time to make it your own, and send it off. It’s a little bit of work, but it’s not difficult. If it’s even $50 they give back, it’s worth it. And as Gary said above, I agree, it’s practically theft, fraud even. The system is broken and they need to simply not collect until they get a proper system in place. There is no consistency, constant errors, and we aren’t talking pennies here. This is sometimes hundreds of dollars every single time.
I am happy to help anyone considering to send off the disputes, and send you what I sent off as a template.

Glad I could help.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 06:33 AM   #602
Ulfnar
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

If it's ok, I'd love one of those templates as well, I honestly haven't had time to sit down and work through the necessary paper work to try and recover duties from all this crap.

Sending a pm with my email if that's ok too.
Ulfnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:12 AM   #603
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I sent mine in November and I haven’t heard back from them yet, possibly due to high volume because of Christmas. So I’ll hold off on sending stuff to others until I find out if I’m successful or not. VS how long did it take for you to hear back?
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:51 AM   #604
VS1976

Quote:
I sent mine in November and I haven’t heard back from them yet, possibly due to high volume because of Christmas. So I’ll hold off on sending stuff to others until I find out if I’m successful or not. VS how long did it take for you to hear back?
Close to 3 months. That is why I am consolidating all my invoices and file them every 4 to 6 months. Saving grace is I have the cheques refunds that I can use to as part of my case to get my refund back.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:53 AM   #605
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfnar View Post
If it's ok, I'd love one of those templates as well, I honestly haven't had time to sit down and work through the necessary paper work to try and recover duties from all this crap.

Sending a pm with my email if that's ok too.
Got your PM. I'll email you my template later today. In the mean time, you will need to contact ssc to get the commercial invoice, your FedEx invoice and get the B2G form either through CBSA site or through FedEx.
Old 01-06-2018, 05:53 PM   #606
VS1976

Just going through the 2nd round (batches of 13 invoices) and I will be submitting them this week against CBSA to get my money back/ Great thing is on my opening letter, I will submit proof that they have already reimburse me back so it should hopefully be less hassle to get my $$ which they do not rightfully deserve to get.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:10 PM   #607
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Just going through the 2nd round (batches of 13 invoices) and I will be submitting them this week against CBSA to get my money back/ Great thing is on my opening letter, I will submit proof that they have already reimburse me back so it should hopefully be less hassle to get my $$ which they do not rightfully deserve to get.
Let’s keep fighting the good fight! Still haven’t heard back on mine but just got 2 more to send to them. At this point, it’s going to cost them more money to collect, then if they hadn’t at all. That brings me great joy. If they don’t award it to me, I’ll appeal, costing them even more money.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:26 PM   #608
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
I've just stopped buying from Sideshow - period.

Only bought 1 item from them in 2017 - and that went back due to crappy materials and damage (still waiting on the Tax & Duty refund for that - should be some time in Feb if the CBSA stick to their usual 3-month turnaround).

Only bought 2 from them in 2016.

Bought plenty of stuff from other sellers though - no "6% duty" from them (and often no tax)

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:43 PM   #609
VS1976

Quote:
Let’s keep fighting the good fight! Still haven’t heard back on mine but just got 2 more to send to them. At this point, it’s going to cost them more money to collect, then if they hadn’t at all. That brings me great joy. If they don’t award it to me, I’ll appeal, costing them even more money.
I'm just consolidating invoices (larger $$ for dispute but you still have to file them separately). Really pain in the butt that CBSA would not give any explanation of refund process.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:55 PM   #610
ComicJesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I'm just consolidating invoices (larger $$ for dispute but you still have to file them separately). Really pain in the butt that CBSA would not give any explanation of refund process.
It’s really a testament to how the CBSA operates that you can’t even electronically file this stuff. They want to make it as painful as possible. I’m just sending them in as I get them. I might wait to find out if I’m successful 295$ my first ones before sending in my next ones though.