Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #1031
Glennfett
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

WANT Soulfire:Hope for the misses!!took a sicky to grab this as this will be selling via work hrs and dont have a comp at work.Cmon Aspen!!!WOOT WOOT
Glennfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #1032
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by renketsu View Post
Different colouring to the test print prototype I have too:

Green replaced with almost brown on clothing.

Sorry for poor image - wasnt on a flat surface and poorly lit room.

Hope to have a daily print to go with this one and take a shot side by side
Wow, very nice. How did you get your hands on that piece? It looks like they lightened everything up a bit, especially her skin tone. Of course that just might be that the pic is a little dark. A very cool piece. I have to have this print!!
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #1033
renketsu
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Wow, very nice. How did you get your hands on that piece? It looks like they lightened everything up a bit, especially her skin tone. Of course that just might be that the pic is a little dark. A very cool piece. I have to have this print!!
One of the aspen forum members was selling it... she got it from Talent Caldwell directly - it is a prototype and it was never used when created (until now).

It is only 11x17 and the green clothing is the major difference... but once I *hopefully* get them side by side I can do a comparison photo
renketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #1034
Glennfett

how many hrs to go guys?
is it less than 4?
Old 07-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #1035
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I gotta disagree. If they did this with a significant portion of their prints then I would agree wholeheartedly but these daily prints are really the exception. Most of their print runs are usually in the ballpark of 50-150 prints and with a lot of the prints that just have 50, they release a separate online edition (The OP prints) with 50 more. I think those are near perfect numbers given the size of the market. If they release too many it actually would cause the prices to stagnate or drop and if they don't release enough (on a regular basis), people would end up walking away and would start collecting other things. The fact that you see the demand you do on eBay suggests that Aspen is really right on the mark in regards to their edition sizes and I have to give them credit for that as its really not an easy thing to gauge at all.

As for the Daily prints, again I look at those as the exception as they really only do the 30 edition size with a few prints a year. I actually like that they release super rare prints every now and then. It makes it that much more interesting trying to get them and you cherish them that much more when you do get them. Sure, not everyone can get them all but that's the whole point. They are prints that you know not many other collectors have. They are releasing 7 new regular prints for the SDCC, plenty to satisfy most of the collectors. The Daily prints are for the collectors that like the really rare stuff and again I like the fact that Aspen is doing their part to try and satisfy the people that like the really rare stuff, on top of the regular collectors. Its like the Century editions with the comics. Those are obviously for the collectors that gravitate towards the really rare stuff. They still have the normal variants and the regular editions as well. I see it as Aspen trying to satisfy all the different types of collectors out there.
Interesting stance. I'll agree to disagree though, for several reasons.

My original points still stand by simple deduction: if the print run is only 30, there are waaaaay more than 30 fans so most will miss out. Also from a business pov it makes little sense. There is no premium on the daily prints so who benefits other than the second hand market and the few who get to gloat that they got one.

You mention prices stagnating/dropping so presumably you want them to retain their value or go up?
The ebay prices are where they're at for a reason: they are old so most have found permanent homes so its the only place to get them + people value stuff signed by michael. If you're referring to the newer prints, in my experience they mostly go for around the same price as the online store.

And what is 'interesting' about having to pay over the odds on the second hand market to obtain one of these prints? Most fans don't have several thousand bucks to spend in a few months on prints like yourself so that's just not an option. If you like spending money then yeah I guess it would be interesting.

I agree you would cherish them more but liking them more because noone else has them doesn't sit right with me. It's verging on schoolyard mentality. Sure pay a premium for something as an investment or even to have something unique like original art but don't snap it up just to say you have it and others don't.

Renketsu / coolandwarm bring up a good point - for me the OP prints just highlight the fact that there is more demand and really what is the difference other than one says OP at the bottom - the price point is the same from what I gather (I may be wrong) so that again makes no business sense. Just do a larger first run.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #1036
Glennfett

a larger first run would benefit all.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #1037
Viper2005
Hellboy

Stuff is up!!!
Managed to nab the Kiani daily print!
Going back for the regular prints now..

Edit: Bought 6 of the 7 regular prints!

So who were the other lucky people? Anyone from this forum?
Viper2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #1038
Glennfett

YAY!!!!i had the Kiani print in my cart...went to pay...then it was GOOOOOOOOOONE!!!
wtf
Old 07-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #1039
Yoda III.
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Got the Kiani and the Century Edition
and some Varaints and Regular prints.

Sorry to hear Glenn, did you get at least the Qualano Print ?
Yoda III. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #1040
ReyJ22
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Picked up two prints, those Daily Prints went insanely fast. I was monitoring the page for Kiani and I never even saw the in stock status. I'm new to ordering via aspenstore.com, what time do these Daily Prints generally become available? I figured the 6 pm time for today was due to preview night, but what about for the next few days?
ReyJ22 is offline   Reply With Quote