Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 09-10-2011, 02:21 PM   #521
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
What makes you think there is a promised amount to distributers?

I guess it is easier for you to blame gentle giant than your local comic shop.

Bottom line is if you wanted to guaranteed statue you would be a guild member
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:47 PM   #522
superboylives
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
What makes you think there is a promised amount to distributers?

I guess it is easier for you to blame gentle giant than your local comic shop.

Bottom line is if you wanted to guaranteed statue you would be a guild member
I called Several retailers across the US and cananda looking for Baby doll and they told me that diamond canceled their orders, because they couldn't get them from GG. If you still don't believe that read what fanboy and another retailer in florida said regarding this situation.

Btw, I didn't order baby doll locally. I ordered from Urban Collector. I don't blame them either. They obviously weren't the only retailer that got allocated.

Before you assume, ask. The bottom line is I am a guild member. If you read my earlier posts you would notice that I said that Amber had already sold out before I could purchase it from GG.
superboylives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #523
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboylives View Post

Before you assume, ask. The bottom line is I am a guild member. If you read my earlier posts you would notice that I said that Amber had already sold out before I could purchase it from GG.
That makes your complaint even more frivolous then. Amber was available for months through GG before eventually selling out. Months!! You had all that time to place a direct order and didn't or decided at the 11th hour that you wanted her and somehow thats GG's fault that your order got allocated? Aside from not taking into consideration when you placed your order(s) at least some of the responsibility lies with the retailers for taking more pre-orders than could ever be filled don't you think?
Old 09-10-2011, 05:11 PM   #524
kisspidde
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

kisspidde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:16 PM   #525
Viper2005
Hellboy

Awesome display Kisspidde!! It'll look amazing with all 5 girls there!
Viper2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:20 PM   #526
kisspidde

Old 09-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #527
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Very nice display KP. But with the rest of the girls, the samurai's, nazi zombies, and Bunny Mecha, I think you might need a bigger mirror
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:23 PM   #528
kisspidde

Thanks!
The mirror is for the 5 Girls and i buy another one for the bad boy`s!!!
Old 09-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #529
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

WOW kisspidde, I gotta say that is one impressive looking display setup. The weapons, the Sucker Punch pic, the stylish mirror, the display surface even the rocky texture of the wall scream CLASS!! Once all 5 girls are displayed I'd be shocked if anyone has a better looking display than that. Bravo!!
Old 09-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #530
superboylives
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
That makes your complaint even more frivolous then. Amber was available for months through GG before eventually selling out. Months!! You had all that time to place a direct order and didn't or decided at the 11th hour that you wanted her and somehow thats GG's fault that your order got allocated? Aside from not taking into consideration when you placed your order(s) at least some of the responsibility lies with the retailers for taking more pre-orders than could ever be filled don't you think?
Doesn't anyone read posts before they criticize? I didn't get allocated on Amber. I have orders for Amber with several e-tailers. I didn't get my order with Baby doll. I didn't join the PGM until after Amber was sold out. I'm sure I will get an Amber from at least one of my retailer, so I'm not worried about that. I haven't purchased anything from GG for about 5 years, because until now the things that they carry don't interest me, so I didn't think it would be an issue buying the statue from a retailer. I've never had this problem before with any statue I've ordered, so why would I anticipate it now? Btw, I did get Baby Doll for less than retail from an e-tailer, so this isn't about sour grapes, but when someone posts that GG isn't at fault in regards to Baby Doll I disagree.

I'm not sure why you feel a need to bash retailers unless you know all the facts. I spoke with a local retailer and he ordered a whopping total of 3 Baby Doll statues. 1 for himself and 2 for the store. He got none. He received an email from Diamond telling him that Baby Doll had been canceled. He didn't know until I told him that GG was sending shipping notices to people that ordered directly from them. So he called Diamond and they told him that GG took Diamond out of the picture. How is that the retailers fault? I've heard this same story from Midtown Comics, Toy Traders, and Colosseum of Comics. Do you think they're all lying?
superboylives is offline   Reply With Quote