Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-07-2019, 08:32 PM   #3501
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
You know I never realized she had a cat named Riazz until I searched upon your comment. I can see the cute little bone cat that comes with the small PVC figure of Xiall.

Looks kind of weird if you ask me, more like a mutated rat. Anyway, yea it would have been cool if they somehow included the cat with the PF as the Exclusive. It looks a lot smaller than skratch to be made into a separate piece.

I also think Skratch should have been paired with Xiall or Death since he has the the same bone faction appearance unless there's a story behind it with Olga that I'm not aware of.
Yeah definitely a underworld cat, but pretty cool looking, since its already May I'm really wondering what they might have at SDCC this year, last year was disappointing, hoping since they haven't shown any new premium formats in 2 years they have something special this year, at least hope Shard Faith Bearer is back, I really hope since prices are higher now every piece has either a mask or 2nd head sculpt
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:44 AM   #3502
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Yeah definitely a underworld cat, but pretty cool looking, since its already May I'm really wondering what they might have at SDCC this year, last year was disappointing, hoping since they haven't shown any new premium formats in 2 years they have something special this year, at least hope Shard Faith Bearer is back, I really hope since prices are higher now every piece has either a mask or 2nd head sculpt
Tom said in the last Court of the Dead stream not to expect much from this years Comic Con. Stated they’d learned their lesson about showing pieces too early, that being done in creation didn’t mean ready for production (Odium, Relic). It was a bit vague what he said next but it did sound like he said there would be a new PF there though. However, I may have completely misunderstood that.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 12:21 PM   #3503
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Tom said in the last Court of the Dead stream not to expect much from this years Comic Con. Stated they’d learned their lesson about showing pieces too early, that being done in creation didn’t mean ready for production (Odium, Relic). It was a bit vague what he said next but it did sound like he said there would be a new PF there though. However, I may have completely misunderstood that.
Ok thanks, I did not hear that, I understand what hes saying, I would be happy if the 2nd Shard was back and at least 1 or 2 new pieces, in my opinion they gotta show something new, excitement is what keeps people interested in collecting and if you go 2 years with nothing new excitement will go away and people will move on, I've seen it with many other figure lines over the years and unfortunately I continue to see COTD pieces on ebay selling cheap and that's not a good sign because I love this line
Old 05-08-2019, 01:42 PM   #3504
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

There have been so few releases with this in the last year that I can say I have completely lost interest. The recent prices have also helped with that.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 05:17 PM   #3505
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
There have been so few releases with this in the last year that I can say I have completely lost interest. The recent prices have also helped with that.
I hear ya, I hope sideshow is listening though, I quit collecting anything years ago and the COTD is what got me interested in statues and figures again, I have 17 COTD pieces, for the last 3 years I've spent my tax refund on the Court and I'm divorced so dont judge me anybody lol, but this year all I have left is Poxill and the Kier Mask, I like gethsemoni as a character, but dont care for her life size crown, nothing coming out helps me save money, but I'd be happy to spend it on Shard or Ravlatch, I still remember last Halloween Anna saying odium was going up for pre order soon, 7 months ago and not a word, I hope we all get something cool at SDCC because I know there are other people who love this line as much or more than me
Old 05-08-2019, 09:08 PM   #3506
Vic Viper
Fantastic Four

I honest think the CotD line is at the end of its life.

I'm only hunting for the original Gallevarbe at this point. All the re-releases of the same characters, busts, head pieces and what not just doesn't interest me.

Poxill seems okay only because he's really different from the rest in terms of design but certainly not at the price point. Odium doesn't even feels like he belongs in the CotD universe.

The line could come back strong years later much like what happened with the original Demithyle. Though by then I will probably quit the hobby altogether.
Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:08 PM   #3507
Vic Viper
Fantastic Four

DP.
Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:34 PM   #3508
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
I honest think the CotD line is at the end of its life.

I'm only hunting for the original Gallevarbe at this point. All the re-releases of the same characters, busts, head pieces and what not just doesn't interest me.

Poxill seems okay only because he's really different from the rest in terms of design but certainly not at the price point. Odium doesn't even feels like he belongs in the CotD universe.

The line could come back strong years later much like what happened with the original Demithyle. Though by then I will probably quit the hobby altogether.
I hope not, but honestly I dont know what there plan is, on the latest court live show they talked about games and collectible dolls, zero interest in either for me, I truly love the line, but its definitely not as exciting as it was 2 years ago, maybe they will surprise us, but I doubt dolls will excite many statue collectors if anybody except for the people who make them and video games and board games are fine, but I collect statues I'm not a gamer, but to finish my thought, this is Tom's creation and he created a awesome world and he can do anything he wants with it, but sideshow collectibles is a statue company first and foremost and that's all I'm interested in, except maybe the books about the characters, so if the statues end then my interest will end unfortunately
Old 05-09-2019, 08:06 AM   #3509
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I don't think SS would invest so much time and effort in establishing a brand to let it die off now.

There's more books coming,t he game was a big success, they have 1/6 scale figures coming, PFs still to be released and we know a few are in the works like Ellianastis, the prestige statues, life size prop replicas, Legendary scale busts, art prints...

Just because there hasn't been like 4-5 PFs announced doesn't mean the brand or the line is dead at all. There's more to it than just throwing statue after statue up for order...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:10 AM   #3510
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I didn't even realize that Gethsemonis crown went up for order too.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...ctibles-400321

Again priced pretty well imo. This by either QOTD PF and the Kier mask by either Kier PF is gonna look killer on display.

DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote