Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 04-15-2022, 12:19 PM   #311
Mister H
Gen 13

Hope it continues. I'm going to sell a few.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 02:09 PM   #312
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
you guys been noticing Bowen FS are becoming harder to find these days on the secondary market? Ebay, Facebook, Mercari all the secondary market sites have less and less of these things for decent prices. It makes sense as they are at least 10+ years old. Interesting to see, rarely do we see big collections being listed for sale on forums, facebook for collector prices.

The demand is still there for the FS & MB lines. I think the demand will always be there for Bowens. These were the FIRST in the countless lines of statues from endless amounts of manufacturers. What's so cool about these lines are that they are the first Marvel statue and bust line and it's still the most classic representations you can get anywhere.
I definitely agree. FS and mini busts prices for some statues have increased dramatically (look at where the price of the Black Knight is now vs a few years ago when people could not even give that statue away).

I think that some people are waiting for a character to be in the latest movie or tv show then they are putting them up for sale to get top dollar. I have never seen more Moon Knight Bowen statues online for sale as I do now.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 04:03 PM   #313
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I definitely agree. FS and mini busts prices for some statues have increased dramatically (look at where the price of the Black Knight is now vs a few years ago when people could not even give that statue away).

I think that some people are waiting for a character to be in the latest movie or tv show then they are putting them up for sale to get top dollar. I have never seen more Moon Knight Bowen statues online for sale as I do now.
I know millions of people enjoy the Marvel Movies and Shows, I cant stand them, everything about them. I think theyre horrible but I do appreciate what they have done for the Bowen and marvel statue secondary market values.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 04:46 PM   #314
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
I know millions of people enjoy the Marvel Movies and Shows, I cant stand them, everything about them. I think theyre horrible but I do appreciate what they have done for the Bowen and marvel statue secondary market values.
i'm with you on the not liking them, but i think the popularity is a horrible thing for the collecting community. sure prices going through the roof is wonderful if you're selling, but it's making the market unsustainable.
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 05:19 PM   #315
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

But eventually these sellers who think they are sitting on a bar of gold and over price the statue will realize their gold bar is not so valuable when no one is purchasing it after months and months
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 05:29 PM   #316
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
you guys been noticing Bowen FS are becoming harder to find these days on the secondary market? Ebay, Facebook, Mercari all the secondary market sites have less and less of these things for decent prices. It makes sense as they are at least 10+ years old. Interesting to see, rarely do we see big collections being listed for sale on forums, facebook for collector prices.

The demand is still there for the FS & MB lines. I think the demand will always be there for Bowens. These were the FIRST in the countless lines of statues from endless amounts of manufacturers. What's so cool about these lines are that they are the first Marvel statue and bust line and it's still the most classic representations you can get anywhere.
I think you're absolutely right. The most collectible line on the market in my book and I'm not sure I see another coming along to knock it off. I'll probably sound like a fanboy (kind of am), but from the character selection to the comic book aesthetic to the quality to the choice of fs/mb/ms it'll be tough for anyone to match. If I had to put money on any line holding or going up in value over the next 50 years I'd put it on Bowen.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 07:27 PM   #317
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I?m not a bit surprised.
Old 04-16-2022, 04:56 AM   #318
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:

Not just that...Bowen also has the most complete lineups and characters released. Randy was able to dig deep into Marvel's character list.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 11:05 PM   #319
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I think you're absolutely right. The most collectible line on the market in my book and I'm not sure I see another coming along to knock it off. I'll probably sound like a fanboy (kind of am), but from the character selection to the comic book aesthetic to the quality to the choice of fs/mb/ms it'll be tough for anyone to match. If I had to put money on any line holding or going up in value over the next 50 years I'd put it on Bowen.
I'm always more impressed seeing a nice collection of Bowens than any other statue line. They are still very much in demand.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 11:14 AM   #320
Blindzider
The Spirit

Agree with all points. Not looking to sell mine but it's nice to know they are worth cash, aside from my personal enjoyment of owning them.

Still frustrated I'll never get certain characters though...
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote