Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-26-2023, 04:03 PM   #1501
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yeah that's how they attach to the post. If you right click and open the thumbnail then post that address as an image you get the biggun.
Use the Force Luke. Let go.
lol!!!!!
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 11:41 PM   #1502
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
One of the best comic character sculpts ever offered. This work should have been the beginning of a new sculpting era for us collectors, but alas progress was pushed back because of all the senseless flack.

Now people have come around, but at the time, the comments were an assault on both company & Canale, incredibly! Damage was done, & the results helped none in the long run.

P.S. If Sabes is now considered a masterpiece by some in the community, I would strongly suggest you consider Cap & Venom, (both Canale sculpts), which seem to be grossly underrated at the moment, but in fact are master works.

P.P.S. Whatever happened to Crims? I miss him.

Absolutely love this Sabertooth, too!
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 07:30 AM   #1503
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Absolutely love this Sabertooth, too!

Can't agree more, as this sculpt, regardless of character, captures that comic/fantasy vibe so perfectly, & will do so forever.

And this should be a wake-up call to all who b!tch and ball in regards to repeats, as this is a sweet, kickass sculptural treat. So where was the crime, when we were offered this level of sublime? Never understood, never could.

P.S. Now all we need is a down & dirty brown Wolverine, gritty & mean, to properly/finally complete this dream scene!
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 08:24 AM   #1504
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Quote:
Can't agree more, as this sculpt, regardless of character, captures that comic/fantasy vibe so perfectly, & will do so forever.

And this should be a wake-up call to all who b!tch and ball in regards to repeats, as this is a sweet, kickass sculptural treat. So where was the crime, when we were offered this level of sublime? Never understood, never could.

P.S. Now all we need is a down & dirty brown Wolverine, gritty & mean, to properly/finally complete this dream scene!
i love my brown on the asian bridge and arrows wolverine pf. grew up with the brown costume and that will always be wolverine to me.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 01:02 AM   #1505
srttoz
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
testing.....can you all see this...?

Attachment 162846
Yes. I see one beautiful Sabretooth statue.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 01:04 AM   #1506
srttoz
Mephisto

Quote:

From the beginning of this thread to the end, both me and you never changed our stance on this statue. We loved it from the reveal and love it even more now (at least I do). I think some people came around due to the fact that it has a pretty low ES and the value on this thing is so high compared to a lot of newer SS stuff these days.

I also highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend the Cable statue which Canale also had a part in but wasn't the full sculptor. Also, I am a fan of the XM Studios Sabretooth and I think once I see one for a good price I'm going to grab it. It's way more of a Marvel vs Capcom 2 cartoonish Sabes, but still a nice piece regardless.

Pics for fun. My favorite angle too.

srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 06:44 AM   #1507
becakbagus
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by srttoz View Post
From the beginning of this thread to the end, both me and you never changed our stance on this statue. We loved it from the reveal and love it even more now (at least I do). I think some people came around due to the fact that it has a pretty low ES and the value on this thing is so high compared to a lot of newer SS stuff these days.

I also highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend the Cable statue which Canale also had a part in but wasn't the full sculptor. Also, I am a fan of the XM Studios Sabretooth and I think once I see one for a good price I'm going to grab it. It's way more of a Marvel vs Capcom 2 cartoonish Sabes, but still a nice piece regardless.

best shoot angle
becakbagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 08:47 AM   #1508
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srttoz View Post

Srttoz, we've been saying it, praising it all along, it's all about them magnificent claws!

Seriously, one of the best offerings ever, that just gets better as you keep taking it all in, leaving us helpless but to smile & grin.

A masterpiece, by a master sculptor.

P.S. Missed out on Cable, but will try to double back if i can. Check out Canale's Venom & Cap if you haven't already.

P.P.S. I predict, that one of the most shortsighted collecting miss(es) by the community will be Canale's Wolverine ronin sculpt.

Martin Canale put his heart & soul in that work, & once in hand it will stun, & surprise us true.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 07:39 PM   #1509
DevGuy
The Spirit

Great statue. One of my best buys as I nabbed him on the aftermarket long past retail for about AU$600 (US$400), mint condition. No EX for me tho, but I don't mind as I prefer the more feral long-haired portrait.

Pairs nicely with SS's brown Wolverine that everyone hates (but me).
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 08:41 PM   #1510
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGuy View Post
Great statue. One of my best buys as I nabbed him on the aftermarket long past retail for about AU$600 (US$400), mint condition. No EX for me tho, but I don't mind as I prefer the more feral long-haired portrait.

Pairs nicely with SS's brown Wolverine that everyone hates (but me).
Nah, one other guy on here likes that one too. I also got the Reg because I was going to pass on this and Logan initially, but it grew on me too much.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote