Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-05-2019, 02:28 PM   #401
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I like the brown koto wolverine more but yeah the anatomy is jacked up on that statue. Really strange looking torso and fugly head sculpts.
He just looks so hunched over for some reason.`
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:38 PM   #402
adee
Green Arrow

I may be wrong but I think crimsin meant the gentle giant wolverines.

Personally I like all the Bowens aside from the oldest original more than the kotos too.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:49 PM   #403
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Tweeterhead has a Wolverine??!? Please show us!

You do realize that you trashed this 1:6 (which most people think is the best one available), but no one has even posted a picture of a 1:6 they like better anywhere?
Just talking about a good looking portraits in general. Initially thought koto wolverine was a miniature do to the loss in detail compared to 1/6 portraits i've seen

I'm aware now, i'm not really a fan of either koto but i like the brown better.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:53 PM   #404
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I may be wrong but I think crimsin meant the gentle giant wolverines.

Personally I like all the Bowens aside from the oldest original more than the kotos too.
I'm not well versed in 1/6 statues but googling bowen 1/6 wolverine i think i probably like this 1/6 wolverine the most.

Old 08-05-2019, 03:37 PM   #405
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
I never liked the Brown one at all, that's why you can get one for $150 compared to the Yellow/blue.
Given the value and rarity of the yellow koto wolverine its definitely not a bad statue to own though.
Old 08-05-2019, 05:29 PM   #406
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I think this kind of draws me to the Koto Blue/Yellow as well, similar build and the hunched over look.

I really like Bowen's statues but I don't think I'm a fan of Wolverine in a museum pose and I want him in Berserker mode lol
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 06:57 PM   #407
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
First of all, for a 1:6 piece the portrait is great. Ferocious and well detailed. I don't display the unsmasked, but it is very strong as well. Anatomy is great for a muscular 5 foot man. His physique is over the top, but no more than this Sabretooth. The base goes well with the rest of the danger room line, and the tree (with the Canadian leaf) is a nice touch. Add in the best Wolverine costume to date (Astonishing sucks...sorry) and a fairly low ES and you have a 10 year old statue that is still worth more than a new SS piece with a 20,000 ES and googly eyes.

If you think that this little deformed man of a Wolverine sculpt is even close to the SS Sabretooth(?), you should seriously consider taking an anatomy art course. Urgently!!!
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 07:48 PM   #408
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Dang right when fools act up. Took long enough for a response there buddy. I was gonna shed some wisdom, but not worth the effort. Mepaphoros put you in place. Consider it a learning experience.

P.S. I think the XM is better. I have a hunch you just wanted to attract attention to this stale thread.

Got em!!!

You boys are getting real desperate. You’re reaching. I throw you a bone (Bowen), and you giddily swallow it whole, and now you’re choking on it.

If you think you taught me anything, think again. By stamping your feet, and insisting on making this monstrous Koto sculpt what it’s not, is laughable.

If you want to teach me a lesson so badly, here’s how. You take your Koto statue to the local university, or art school, show the sculpt to an anatomy teacher/professor, and have them critique the anatomy. Do the same for Sabes, through pics or actual statue, and report the results. I’m all ears.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:27 PM   #409
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Brown is a good alternative. Paint job on him was really dull and not very precise.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:29 PM   #410
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
You boys are getting real desperate. You’re reaching. I throw you a bone (Bowen), and you giddily swallow it whole, and now you’re choking on it.

If you think you taught me anything, think again. By stamping your feet, and insisting on making this monstrous Koto sculpt what it’s not, is laughable.

If you want to teach me a lesson so badly, here’s how. You take your Koto statue to the local university, or art school, show the sculpt to an anatomy teacher/professor, and have them critique the anatomy. Do the same for Sabes, through pics or actual statue, and report the results. I’m all ears.
You have to be the most pompous poster I've seen on this entire forum. As if your opinion of a comic book character's physique has any more weight than someone else's. Most people here are quite civil and respectful of other opinions, but you take it to another level defending someone else's work like it's your own. And are you seriously lecturing us on the absurd physique of this Sabretooth statue when his abdominal muscles are bigger than his pecs!? Do you honestly believe anyone with a PHD would do anything but laugh at this goofy thing?!?

Try not to take yourself so seriously, bro. It's a nonsensical comic book character...not the statue of David. I'm sorry this didn't sell as much as you had hoped, athough I'm truly not sure why you even care.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote