Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-02-2021, 12:24 PM   #271
JstChilin
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermark View Post
Not if this is the poor quality you get for $600. I'll support Blitzway and Sideshow and companies who make quality products and don't do bait and switch. The Myers proto was awesome and for PCS to bait and switch and release this POS is wrong. Anyway, off to check some other threads as this statue has annoyed me enough. Have a good day everyone
Its not a bait and switch its a proto painted by a master painter and then sent to china to make 4000 of them. How long have you been collecting? I could go back and name so many protos you would see at cons and then pre-order and then the mass produced piece looks nothing like retail. Don't judge until you have in hand. You should never go by the first few pics. Maybe if you complain to Sideshow as much as you do here you'll get you NRD back. If you don't like it return it, if you didn't order then why say anything?
JstChilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:30 PM   #272
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Received mine. While nowhere near the prototype in terms of quality, it's not the worst. The only real saving grace from this is that it fits in my Besta, when I thought it wouldn't. So yay!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	index.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	137372  
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 02:03 PM   #273
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermark View Post
Not if this is the poor quality you get for $600. I'll support Blitzway and Sideshow and companies who make quality products and don't do bait and switch. The Myers proto was awesome and for PCS to bait and switch and release this POS is wrong. Anyway, off to check some other threads as this statue has annoyed me enough. Have a good day everyone
Sideshow is king of bait and switch :|

And quality products? HAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JstChilin View Post
Its not a bait and switch its a proto painted by a master painter and then sent to china to make 4000 of them. How long have you been collecting? I could go back and name so many protos you would see at cons and then pre-order and then the mass produced piece looks nothing like retail. Don't judge until you have in hand. You should never go by the first few pics. Maybe if you complain to Sideshow as much as you do here you'll get you NRD back. If you don't like it return it, if you didn't order then why say anything?
It definitely is. HAVE YOUR PAINT MASTER PAINT WHAT THE FACTORY CAN. IF THEY CANNOT REPRODUCE IT PAINT TO A LESSER QUALITY. What some companies do is PO with the factory sample and not a prototype. Also I'm fairly sure what they do is illegal but get away with it because no one is going to bring a lawsuit over it :P I mean how is it not false advertising?

But I think this looks good, except the base :|
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 06:37 PM   #274
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Sideshow is king of bait and switch :|

And quality products? HAHAHAHA

It definitely is. HAVE YOUR PAINT MASTER PAINT WHAT THE FACTORY CAN. IF THEY CANNOT REPRODUCE IT PAINT TO A LESSER QUALITY. What some companies do is PO with the factory sample and not a prototype. Also I'm fairly sure what they do is illegal but get away with it because no one is going to bring a lawsuit over it :P I mean how is it not false advertising?

But I think this looks good, except the base :|
I don’t think that’s the way it works. From what I understand the factory attempts to reproduce the prototype or factory sample not the other way around. The “master painter” tasked with reproducing the factory work would be an insult to the paint master’s skills. I doubt any professional painter would agree to that absurd notion.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 06:40 PM   #275
MASTERSAFARA

Question

So what are the main complaints coming in?
Old 03-02-2021, 06:57 PM   #276
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
I don’t think that’s the way it works. From what I understand the factory attempts to reproduce the prototype or factory sample not the other way around. The “master painter” tasked with reproducing the factory work would be an insult to the paint master’s skills. I doubt any professional painter would agree to that absurd notion.
F4F shows factory samples for PO, or at least used to. P1 supposedly did as well in the past? Definitely don't now.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 07:13 PM   #277
MASTERSAFARA

Seems backwards from what I’m used to thinking. In that case, they should never show the prototype but I’m sure in this day and age it would always leak online and then you’d still end up with the customer base complaining why the factory pieces don’t mirror the prototype when that happens.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:23 PM   #278
Dr Herbert West
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
If I open mine and it looks terrible it’s going back. I figured since they nailed the 1/3 we would be safe with PCS With a 1/4. I’ve seen good pictures. Hopefully I get a good one.
I’m happy with everything but the base. That is definitely NOT as advertised. A little TLC and it looked good for me. That hairline is a tad high but I’m on the fence about having my friend re-hair it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3651744C-C083-43B0-9B45-0A2D61CDDF74.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	137388   Click image for larger version

Name:	03936104-9997-4692-8689-4E82C6B6592C.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	137389  
Dr Herbert West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 08:32 PM   #279
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Herbert West View Post
I’m happy with everything but the base. That is definitely NOT as advertised. A little TLC and it looked good for me. That hairline is a tad high but I’m on the fence about having my friend re-hair it.
That actually looks pretty great. Why do you say the base isn't good, are the images cheap looking?
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 08:39 PM   #280
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Herbert West View Post
I agree, brother. I am happy with practically everything. Still need to take a steamer to the coveralls, but I'm super satisfied. The base does still have a cool look and feel as the proto does (I love the idea and execution!), but the paint def leaves room for desire. The windows are quite dark with very little highlight contrast. My initial perspective, at least.
I was concerned with the hairline from viewing the pics, but I think it's good to go. A little hair mussing and he looks good enough for the shelf. All in all, I'm giving him a thumbs up.

I may post some pics, but make no promises.

By the way, Doc...

TO THE FORUM!!!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote