Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-13-2014, 05:20 PM   #1
briguy
Frackin!

sculptor commissions/getting a statue made

Have any of you ever hired a sculptor to make a statue just for youself?..if so I'd love it see it! I'm intrested in getting a 1/6 scale done of something I designed and have no idea how to go about it. I Imagine this is a little costly...approx how much is this going to run me? Suggestions and tips are all welcome!
briguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:42 PM   #2
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

well there are two routs you can take.
1. traditional sculpting. an artists uses clay or wax or other mediums to achieve the physical model.

2. digital sculpting. this is where the artist designs and sculpts the piece virtually in a digital program on the computer. once thats done. the file (or digital render) is sent to a digital 3d printing machine that prints the model in its physical form.

traditional is by far the least expensive but usually takes the longest to achieve. depending on character design and complexity of the sculpt.

digital is by far the fastest (usually) and most expensive of the two. for one, you have to pay the artists his or her fee for the digital sculpt. and then you have to pay to get it printed and thats where it gets really expense.

there are a lot of talented sculptors over in the "from our bench" and or even in the "Leave it to the Professionals" sections of the forum that you might be able to hire for a private commission.
you could also Google for sculptors of check on Deviant Art for a sculptor to do a one of a kind private commission as well.

hope this helps.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote