Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 09-12-2019, 11:06 AM   #1
Alter Ego
Fantastic Four

Luke Skywalker pilot ARTFX+

Love the new pilot Luke, but $110 for an ARTFX+? I think you priced yourself out of the market, Koto.

Anyone else remember when you could buy a pair of Stormtroopers for $60? Those were the days. Hard pass unless Amazon discounts it to $75.

https://news.toyark.com/2019/09/12/s...obukiya-362787
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:24 AM   #2
Augen
Metal Men

Every company is going up to test limits of their respective markets.

I've seen Kotobukiya Bishoujos sell for $200+ second hand so I don't blame them looking at that and figuring can charging $110 or more.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:18 PM   #3
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Artfx and Bishoujo got me into this hobby. Then I moved to Artfx then to fine art. These to this day are some of my prized pieces. That being said the new price points for what is barely a step up from an articulated figure is insane. This is no way provides value for the collector on a budget. Also IMHO their quality has gone the opposite direction of their prices. If you are paying $100 for this please visit the Iron Studios section of the fourm. The quality of their 1/10th scale and materials at least warrant the higher price point. Sorry for the rant but I love Kotobukiya but have no idea what's been going on recently.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:25 PM   #4
Bea625
Fantastic Four

I love KOTO and have been waiting for more Original Trilogy/Prequel Star Wars since the Bounty Hunters. This is one that I was hoping for, just not at this price point. I was thinking this would be around the price of the Bounty Hunters ($80-$90). After seeing Dengar priced at $100, I'm not surprised. I'll wait for it to drop around $80-$90. I just hope they keep more Star Wars coming. I'm sick of seeing Bishoujo's and Manga. More Marvel, DC and Star Wars!
Bea625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:35 PM   #5
Alter Ego
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Every company is going up to test limits of their respective markets.

I've seen Kotobukiya Bishoujos sell for $200+ second hand so I don't blame them looking at that and figuring can charging $110 or more.
Oh, I agree with the supply and demand concept. It makes sense to me that a highly-desired, sold out piece goes for big bucks, but a brand new 1/10 scale plastic figure? Most ARTFX+ nowadays are selling way under their MSRP. Even Koto's new Marvel Premier line is dropping drastically in price (despite the fact that it's very limited and beautiful). It's surprising to me that I can buy 1/6 scale resin statues for the same price as Koto's 1/10 plastic figures. Crazy!
Old 09-12-2019, 12:43 PM   #6
king_marvel
The Herculoids

I've been waiting on this piece to get done. Hopefully they will release some of the other x-Wing pilots now that they have the a core body. The could easily create Biggs, Wedge, Red Leader and other based on this with minor tweaks to the arms, hands and heads.
king_marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:39 PM   #7
Dark Knight.
Birdman

They are really sticking to their guns of pricing these ArtFX+ at double or triple the price I used to pay a few years ago. I'll definitely be patient and wait it out.
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 01:34 PM   #8
Alter Ego
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Love the new pilot Luke, but $110 for an ARTFX+? I think you priced yourself out of the market, Koto.

Anyone else remember when you could buy a pair of Stormtroopers for $60? Those were the days. Hard pass unless Amazon discounts it to $75.

https://news.toyark.com/2019/09/12/s...obukiya-362787
Oh, how wrong I was. Not $110 for Luke. Try $130!!! Koto, you're nuts!

https://www.kotous.com/retailstore/s...lot-artfx.html
Old 09-16-2019, 03:22 PM   #9
Bea625
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Oh, how wrong I was. Not $110 for Luke. Try $130!!! Koto, you're nuts!

https://www.kotous.com/retailstore/s...lot-artfx.html

Totally agree. This was the price point for Trooper 2 packs a year or so ago. This price is on par with their "Premier" line and they're already dropping in price. I'll wait until it's $80, maybe $90 or less.
Bea625 is offline   Reply With Quote