Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 11-01-2019, 04:17 PM   #231
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Just notified by Sideshow release is moved to November 2019, which is....now?!

"Your Mai Shiranui Diorama item will be arriving into our warehouse earlier than anticipated. Your item is now expected to arrive in Nov 2019."

Glad I am ready for her to arrive.
Holy moly!!! I'll be in real trouble this Christmas
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 03:28 PM   #232
Augen
Metal Men

First videos of her arriving to collectors are popping up on YouTube. Hoping Sideshows ships mine soon.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 11:41 PM   #233
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Looking forward to finally having her inhand
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:50 PM   #234
Augen
Metal Men

Talk about timing.

Ship date is the 17th...which means it will arrive on the 23rd when I am out of town for Christmas holiday for the week. It will sit at my office until the 30th and I'll be able to show pictures then.
Old 12-20-2019, 07:58 PM   #235
Augen
Metal Men

Good news, surprise statue early arrival today!

Mai is here is she is a stunner. I love the motion on this piece with the base, the pose, the outfit, the hair, everything swirls and flows beautifully. Paint is crisp and colors pop.

Let's discuss the one note. The eyes. Mai's yes are not painted, they are eyes set into the head like doll eyes. Due to this they set in a bit and and shaded so they don't stand out the way other pieces eyes do such as recent Rogue. At the right angle with lighting they look great, but I completely understand how images are unflattering.

Over all, I am happy with the piece and so glad she didn't have to sit for weeks while I'm away on holiday vacation.
Old 12-21-2019, 01:32 AM   #236
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I got mine in too. This company is now at the top of my radar and I can't wait for Terry, Geese, and Dizzy. Mai turned out absolutely magnificent. I love how the sculpt has just the right amount of detail. The paint apps on the skin look great and the overall colors and sculpting are stunning. Her body anatomy is really good too. I feel like they captured her just right.

Her eyes are pretty interesting though. As you said, at certain angles and lighting they don't come out very nice. When you get the right angle though they definitely shine. It's a neat idea, but one that I could see being executed poorly. They did a good job here. I don't know if I prefer it over just having regular sculpted eyes though.

Overall if you folks have any affection toward the character or this sculpt, it is a must buy. Assembly was a breeze and the packaging was top notch too. Somehow they managed to secure everything without heavy usage of tape. They let gravity and these easy velcro belts take care of everything.

The sculpt is also very intelligently engineered. Almost every connection point uses both pegs that will stay secure with gravity and tightness, and also magnets just to make sure nothing wrong happens. Her entire body, including the head, is one giant piece so there isn't a single noticeable seam. Her hands need to be attached, but because she wears wrist guards you can't even see a seam. Ponytail comes unattached too, but obviously that seam is basically invisible. Base looks awesome too.

And all of this manages to be done in a surprisingly concise footprint. She isn't too heavy nor does she take up too much space. At the same time, her pose is dynamic and the base is intricate. It really shows off how to do a statue right.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 04:09 AM   #237
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

Hey congrats, it's great to hear you guys are satisfied with how it turned out. Mine arrived on Wednesday but I haven't had a chance to get to it, work is been crazy lately.

I saw this unsponsored review which made me a little worried, something seems off with the portrait. I'm sure it looks better in person though.

I will try to snap some photos tomorrow.
HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 06:22 AM   #238
outbreak
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Congrats Augen! She is a stunner indeed.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 07:26 AM   #239
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I got mine in too.

And all of this manages to be done in a surprisingly concise footprint. She isn't too heavy nor does she take up too much space. At the same time, her pose is dynamic and the base is intricate. It really shows off how to do a statue right.
Well put and I agree. Really get a sense of dancing with the base, outfit, pose all flowing into one another
Old 12-21-2019, 02:20 PM   #240
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

She looks great Augen. I have their Dante & Vergil statues and love them. The eyes look fine to me. This company puts a lot of love in their pieces.

Out of curiosity what happened to your Jaina’s staff crystal?
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote