Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 03-08-2023, 06:42 PM   #1
AC_808
Hercules

Formula 1 Season 2023

Hi Folks!

Not sure how many Formula 1 fans we have here on this forum, but thought putting this thread out there just in case.

First Grand Prix was in Bahrain this past weekend. Red Bull looks strong and is the Team to beat again this year.

Aston Martin was the Team with the most surprises. With Alonso coming in P3.

Ferrari and Mercedes look to be on par, but may not have enough to overtake Red Bull. Dunno, maybe they can catch up by mid-season. We shall see.

Loving the season so far. Williams Racing looks like they made improvements. I hope they show more.

Next race is next week!
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 07:19 PM   #2
Halcyon
New Republic

Cool

Can't say that after only one race.
But yes, Red Bull did a good job. Nice to see many teams can/are fighting for the first three places.
Nice surprise Alonso succeeded in catching Hamilton and Sainz for third place.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 09:23 PM   #3
AC_808
Hercules

Yea, you’re right. It’s a long season …22 races left to go. Anything can happen. So we shall see how the teams do.
Old 03-09-2023, 05:33 AM   #4
ukshaun
Hercules

Alonso did well! very well in the 1st race.
He was held up at one point. I wonder if the Aston Martin has what it takes to beat Red Bull ?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 09:39 AM   #5
AC_808
Hercules

Same question goes for Ferrari and Mercedes. Do they have what it takes to beat Red Bull?

Aston Martin made a huge improvement from last year with their car. And Alonso knows how to use it. But Verstappen and Perez are pretty fast in their Red Bull, too. So yea ...we shall see ...

Toto already admitted Mercedes doesn't have the correct package to beat Red Bull. If they are already changing their no side-pod design to something else, then can't wait to see what they got. How many races before they can catch up to Red Bull, tho?
Old 03-09-2023, 09:49 AM   #6
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Same question goes for Ferrari and Mercedes. Do they have what it takes to beat Red Bull?

Aston Martin made a huge improvement from last year with their car. And Alonso knows how to use it. But Verstappen and Perez are pretty fast in their Red Bull, too. So yea ...we shall see ...

Toto already admitted Mercedes doesn't have the correct package to beat Red Bull. If they are already changing their no side-pod design to something else, then can't wait to see what they got. How many races before they can catch up to Red Bull, tho?
Compared to Red Bull, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Mercedes appear to be in 4th place when it comes to performance. If one team can fix the issue, then it is Mercedes.

If the Alonso Aston Martin combo can keep delivering, and Red Bull has a couple of DNF's then who knows how the season could pan out.

For the moment Verstappen is favourite to win, unless he has a major crash.
I can see Verstappen crashing more than once during the season, as he likes to do battle.
Old 03-09-2023, 10:00 AM   #7
AC_808
Hercules

True. But that's only if there is someone that can battle with Max.

I'm hoping Sainz and/or Leclerc can still battle with Max. Even after that one DNF for Ferrari.
Old 03-09-2023, 10:10 AM   #8
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
True. But that's only if there is someone that can battle with Max.

I'm hoping Sainz and/or Leclerc can still battle with Max. Even after that one DNF for Ferrari.
I sense the Ferrari's lagging behind (again)
Old 03-09-2023, 12:09 PM   #9
Augen
Metal Men

I'd like to attend a race, I know a couple that went to Montreal and a guy that did Miami. The biggest thing it the ticket prices are on a whole other level from what I'm use to with sport.

After years of Mercedes-Benz and Hamilton it feels like now be in for a Red Bull and Verstappen era. There's a lot of excitement around aspects (these are insanely good drivers at speeds hard to comprehend), but who wins a race or championship for me rarely has surprises.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 12:41 PM   #10
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I'd like to attend a race, I know a couple that went to Montreal and a guy that did Miami. The biggest thing it the ticket prices are on a whole other level from what I'm use to with sport.

After years of Mercedes-Benz and Hamilton it feels like now be in for a Red Bull and Verstappen era. There's a lot of excitement around aspects (these are insanely good drivers at speeds hard to comprehend), but who wins a race or championship for me rarely has surprises.
I have only ever attended one F1 race. It was back when Hamilton and Button were team-mates at McLaren. Alonso was driving for Ferrari. The engines were loud, painfully loud. The weather was nice, and the track was Silverstone UK

A group of 4 of us attended. While we had a 3 day pass, we only attended for 2 days. Other the main F1 race and qualifying, there were others races happening, F2 and i recall seeing 911 Porsche's racing (one car left the track into a barrier).

To be honest, during the main F1 race i had no idea who was where. Like you say, the ticket's cost!
It was a good experience. I picked up a Lewis Hamilton McLaren Vodafone baseball-cap